Pittsburg, CA

Posted April 17, 2014
MARINA VISTA is a good school. Teachers need more parent helpers. I am a working parent and would volunteer if I could. They need to send information out sooner than they do. I found out about picture day the night before they were to be taken. All of their information gets sent home late that needs to be corrected fast.+

Posted July 31, 2013
This is going to be my son's first year at Marina Vista and I already had trouble trying to get him in the school they are so unorganized I had to go to the school three times in one day because the lady I needed to speak to was never there and they tell me return at 12 she will be here I returned at 12 she was at lunch! Wow, not so organized for a new school if I wasnt such a responible parent I probably wouldve never got him enrolled lets see how the new year brings us with this school. They never answer there phone by the way these other reviews scare me......

Marina Vista Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2013
My daughter has attended this school and from the outside, you feel like "Wow, this has to be a great school." But we learned the hard way to not judge a book by its cover. Just because the school is brand new, doesn't mean the teacher quality is there. What makes a great school is the teachers and the support staff and principals. And from what I've seen of this school, is that it is run like a prison for deliquent children, or at least it was from the experience with my daughter's teacher. The principal is nice, however a push over, so if you have an issue with the teacher, good luck seeing any resolution in changes, as the bad behavior toward the students will continue because the issues weren't fully addressed. When it comes to the Special Education Department, the aid is nice, but under qualified to serve LD students, and the Special Ed teachers refuse to provide accomodations if it cost the school anything, and puts up red tape where not necessary and without having a policy in place to justify why such accomodations can't be met. We had so much hope for this school, but I stress without great teachers, principles and staff...All That Glitters Is NOT Gold!

Posted May 16, 2013
I have a kindergartener at this school and I must say it has its up and downs. He and I love his teacher but the structure of the school need revising. One of the women in the office needs an attitude adjustment and the cafeteria helper is to nosey and needs to be a teacher is she is that concerned for the kids. They give you last minute information about any and everything going on there. THE PARENT PARTICIAPTION IS POOR BECAUSE THEY SCHEDULE STUFF IN THE AM. If you are a working person like myself then you will never be able to participate. I would love to start some activities that will make a difference and keep the kids entertained. Pittsburg city as a whole needs to step up kids activities.

Posted June 06, 2011
My child has been going to that school since they opened. It s an ok school. I think the school needs to be more proactive on teaching the kids basic stuff (neat work, no wrinkled papers, titles, dates) The school is just overcrowded 30-35 students per class. I think the principle needs to learn how to better influence the kids. She is one that is quick to pass judgment and I don t think she gives the kids a fair chance. In a way it seems she tries to let the kids set them self up for failure instead of encouraging them. Thank god she is retiring this year, hopefully they will get a much more positive principle. They have a couple of teachers there that do not need to be teaching elementary kids, maybe high school kids would be a better fit for these teachers. If the school wasnt so crowded. I think it would be a great school

Marina Vista Elementary School 1

Posted December 26, 2010
This is my child's second year at Marina Vista. The facility is great, but we have had issues with her Teachers both years. Kindergarten was a Teacher who could not/would not control her class and didn't do enough to really teach/engage the children (this teacher is no longer there). I hoped first grade would be better but it turns out it's worse! Granted there are 4 other first grade Teachers that may be great and I have met and spoken to a couple of other Teachers at this school that seem really wonderful. The Principal appears/talks like an old school Principal which I was encouraged by, but does not run a tight ship. I don't know what other Pittsburg schools are like, but I would say that this school although beautiful on the outside is a mess in many crucial ways that affect the kids. These Teacher's need some additional training or help in managing their classrooms.

Marina Vista Elementary School 0

Posted January 31, 2010
My daughter is in Kindergarten, and she is very excited about going to school at Marina Vista. She is making good progress with reading stories to me, sounding out words, she knows her right from left, and she's even writing and telling me stories! My daughter has alot of energy, which I was initially concerned about, but her teacher seems to be very patient and resourceful for my childs needs, as well as for the other students. The staff are great and they seem to relly care aout the children and their safety. Thus far, I don't feel like I could've asked for a better teacher for my child's first year of elementary.

Marina Vista Elementary School 5

Posted August 11, 2009
This is a brand new school. And so far I think they have done a good job at organizing the structure of the school. I have no complaints so far about the staff. Lets see what to come this school year.

Marina Vista Elementary School
50 East Eighth Street, Pittsburg, CA  94565
Last modified Marina Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marina Vista Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top