Bad
Good

Foothill Elementary School 1

Posted July 14, 2013
More catered to hispanics. Some teachers don't really care there just there for the paycheck.

Foothill Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2012
I am a parent of two kids at this school and have been very pleased with the leadership of the principal and in most cases, with the hard work and dedication of the teachers. The dual immersion program is excellent and I believe this school is Pittsburg's best kept secret. The test scores have recently shot up, which is a reflection of great leadership in the past 4 years, when Dr. Araiza took the reigns. This school is going places! Come check it out! My 3rd grader and 1st grader are thriving and I'm so glad they are there!

Foothill Elementary School 2

Posted October 28, 2012
The school need to work with all the children instead of all the mexican children! we give them so much for free when they are driving cars then most of us! The principal help them to much and doesn't help other parent '

Foothill Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2011
There is a lot of work ahead to bring this school to it's full potential. But I believe it can be achieved.

Posted January 23, 2011
I changed my son to Foothill to be in the Dual Immersion Program and so far I'm happy with the school. Yes there needs to be more parents involved in activities.

Foothill Elementary School

Posted November 29, 2007
I am not happy at how the school is being run. The principal takes a very nonchalant too laid back attitude to discipline and rewarding the students who do achieve. The vp is ready to put things into place to address such issues, but has little or no support from the principal.

Posted June 22, 2005
High Parent involvement, satisfactory academic programs such as the learning center, a few extracurricular activities such as after school program. Teachers/Staff have been there several years.

Foothill Elementary School 2

Posted September 16, 2004
My child has attended Foothill for two years now, and I have not seen a vast improvement in teaching. My son comes from a family that has both parents as college graduates and we realize the importance of homework. We use the example that San Jose set for us, which was to sign the homework everynight, and it was not accepted by the teacher if it wasn't signed by a parent, which made the parents take more of an active role in thier child's learning. I still demand to see my son's homework every night regardless that he tells me that it is completed. I hope to see Foothill improve this year or I feel that I must look elsewhere to send my child to school given that more importance is given to those who do not even speak English which takes away from the learning for my child.

Posted September 09, 2003
This school and it's new principle mr.Rico has gone the extra mile to make sure that my son has felt comforatable and has the best learning environment. The y have gone above and beyond to get a dual language program going in our school.I would not trade my child from foothill for anything.

Foothill Elementary School
1200 Jensen Drive, Pittsburg, CA  94565-6399
Last modified Foothill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.