Pittsburg, CA
Students enrolled: 1,181
Before care: Yes

Hillview Junior High School 1

Posted August 14, 2014
The school looks like a prison, is run down and in bad need of repair. Unused pipes sticking out of the wall, rusted barbed wire surrounds, walls throughout that looks like the inside of a bathroom. Principal is an alright person, but the principal's secretary, Nancy Logaburn is a relic of the dark ages. Rude, uncaring and generally mean spirited. If your child goes there it is likely they will learn only to survive, not thrive. 1/10; do not recommend.

Posted August 15, 2013
i am new student at hillview but so far so good im a bit nervous but with my friends and family supporting me im pretty sure i'll be fine.!

Posted March 29, 2011
I'am a mother of a 7th grader at Hillview Jr High. I ave had two older children graduate from Hillview also. One in college and have yet to have any problems with Hillview staff or my children having problems with other students. My child has been Honor roll since 6th grade and is also in leadership. There are problems in all schools and when i hear parents complain about the school i think WOW is it our school or our parents looking for someone to place the blame. We as parents are reponsible for our kids action if they are haveing problem whith grades or with kids in school take the time to help themout and ask for help. These are our kids we need to expect more from them because they all can achive thre best but we need to take the first step and show them what they are cappable of and demand respect for teachers and staff and fellow students. And they will achive .

Posted March 09, 2011
My son started 6th grade 2010 at hillview middle.He want to concord school up to 5th grade.I think Hillview is a great school.H,e was in special day class in concord.and started here math and reading. His math teacher is the the best and has guided my son and he think she is the best, Her name is Ms. Beverly!!!!!!!Next year he will be in 7th grade math not in special day!!!!We need more teachers like her!!!! He get A" in all his classes and work very hard.

Posted February 02, 2011
I'm currently in 6th Grade in Hillview Jr.High,and I think it's Great! All of the teachers are fair,and the new principal,Mr.Molina,is doing a very good job running this school.I take advanced classes,and they are very nice,you don't feel like your a nerd when you take them,and in the other classes,you wouldn't feel like your not as smart as the others.I'm not a big fan of their organization ''system''......student-activity wise.On days where we have food from outside resturaunts,all the kids are pushing,and shoving,and it didnt really seem like the teachers/staff were trying to fix it,and they sold out very quick(but the next day they re-sold for those who weren't able to purchase anything).The dances are very fun,but they usually end at 4:30.I also don't really appreciate the STUDENT;S attitudes at school,they bully,talk very rude,and steal.But, the teachers are working on that,especially the bullying. :)

Hillview Junior High School 2

Posted September 28, 2009
I am a 7th grade student here at Hillview, and I dont mind it. it isnt the greatest school, but it is o.k. I am in advanced classes this year but i was almost in support math. What is the point of support anyway? nothing changes. It is like a punishment for not being as smart. that is why i gave the vote that i did.(P.S. the teachers are great!)

Posted August 07, 2009
I am an eighth grader at Hillview and I think it is an awsome school. I have had a few problems with some kids but I have a great group of friends to hang out with as well. When I did have any problem with a student, teacher or anything the principal Ms. Valasco is so easy to talk to along with all of the councilors. Last year some of the new teachers did not know what they were doing which made it hard to learn in that class, most of the kids took advantage of the teacher because of his/her inexperience. For the uniforms I feel that they are a great thing at hillview becuase of how the kids present themselves on free dress day. If you want the best teachers for your child I would get involved. My overal rating of hillview would be a 7 out of 10.

Hillview Junior High School 1

Posted August 01, 2009

Hillview Junior High School 2

Posted April 25, 2009
As a former student, (now attending Pittsburg High School) i would say that Hillview was pretty decent. The uniforms really help less fortunate kids. Leadership is not very good. All they do is act like they run the school. Some of the newer teachers do not know what they are doing and students know how to 'get over' on the teachers. I know, I've did it. Mr. Kelly is a very good science teacher, Ms. Pounds, a very good math teacher, and Ms. Banks is a decent english teacher - if they are still there. Their aren't many good groups of students either. Overall I would rank this school a 4 out of 10.

Hillview Junior High School 0

Posted December 12, 2008
My child went to Central Jr High School and I have found that she is doing better in her classes. She feels more welcome,safe and comfortable at this school also.

Hillview Junior High School
333 Yosemite Drive, Pittsburg, CA  94565
Last modified Hillview Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillview Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top