Posted May 30, 2014
Honestly, this school is very diverse. It is a pretty clean school, but it could be cleaner if the students helped out a little. Most of the teachers I've had, in my two years here so far, are great. They really show that they care. I have a teacher that always complains about the administration; based on what he says, it is a mess. I am grateful for this certain teacher since he is one of the few teachers that actually cares about all his students, even if he spends half the period telling them to quiet down. However, I have to admit that certain teachers do not care at all. One teacher I had was very disorganized and lost student's work, yet he still gave a grade for it. It is great that the students have A's, but they are not getting taught anything. Another PE teacher I had only sat down and told us to play volleyball. She would sit and use her phone the entire period! That teacher, of course, has her favorites. No matter what her favorites do (or not do), they still have an A+. What gives?

Posted December 08, 2013
It's alright, i mean the teachers are nice and everything. everythings clean and neat but the algebra 2 teachers can hardly explain so the students clearly understand the subject. Other than that it's fine.

Pittsburg Senior High School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
the new school is beautiful, the teachers are great but some of the administrative decisions leave me baffled. i understand that the economy is bad but we need to make wise decisions and ensure that our kids are ready for college.

Pittsburg Senior High School 5

Posted December 13, 2010
Pittsburg is a city in transition, the high school reflects this. The new administration has set high standards and some do not like this. I've taught at other schools and personally think that it is better to have high standards and allow some to fail than to have low standards so everybody can be a winner. I've never worked with an administration that worked so consistently hard to make sure that everybody gets an opportunity to learn.

Pittsburg Senior High School 1

Posted September 07, 2010
Pittsburg High School has the potential to be a GREAT place. New (outside the community) administrator has killed the spirit of the high school - what all alumni and staff remembers that made us a family is gone. And that's too bad. I hope they will be able to get that sense of Pirate Pride back. The school has great students and great staff who make the school a success. They've got to get back and keep those things that made us the proud family we used to be. The new school looks great but all the familiar faces are gone. Why is that? Did the current principal have to clean house so no one else can question or challenge his authority? Many think so. And too bad. He needs to learn, a good leader is only as good as those who support him. Support comes from encouraging and accepting participation in decision making and buy-in to those decisions. No one person knows it all and should never presume to think they do. Respect for others and their ability to also think and make logical choices goes a long way. Otherwise, you alienate everyone. The new school is beautiful. So far, it's a building with no heart.

Posted October 15, 2009
great school with a lot of diversity! its not the school that makes the grades but the students determination! this school has tons of pride and Im glad to be part of the graduating class of 2009! go pirates!

Posted October 07, 2009
i love this school. everyone gets along with eachother, the teachers are fun to hang out with and learn i love p.h.s.!!

Posted August 20, 2009
a very bad school to put your kid in, my B kid became a F student,,and became a.. whole..in this schoool..... very bad influence,kids there.. my mistake for not doing my homework on this school...

Pittsburg Senior High School 5

Posted August 08, 2009

Posted April 27, 2009
During my first year in college I knew I was not properly prepared after graduating from here. Ranking in the top 10 students and maintaining a high GPA throughout all four years at PHS does not translate into being well prepared for college. I was fortunate enough to have a few teachers who genuinely wanted to be in the classroom to teach; they wanted their students to learn and understand the material. They made you THINK! They did not want you to just regurgitate what you read in the textbook or what they wrote on the board. Most of these teachers, however, have transferred to other school or were offered administrative positions. A majority of the teachers seemed more like baby-sitters than teachers; they rarely provided any type of mental stimulation.

Pittsburg Senior High School
1750 Harbor Street, Pittsburg, CA  94565
Last modified Pittsburg Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pittsburg Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top