Pittsburg, CA

Stoneman Elementary School 4

Posted January 01, 2014
I'm happy with the transparency of the staff and the open door policy always remains open . The teachers are very hard working and if you raise any concerns they don't just put it to the side and move on!!!! The Principal meets with every teacher to talk about the progress of each student and use many resources available to help the child progress.

Posted May 26, 2013
I currently have a second child attending Stoneman. Mrs. Velasco has done an excellent job on getting this school back up to standards since my older daughter went there in 2006-2008. My daughter currently has Ms. Idu whom I cant speak highly enough about. In addition my daughter absolutely loves her as a teacher and a person and is learning more than I expected in kindergarten. I can only hope my youngest daughter will have her next year. WE LOVE YOU MS. IDU!!!!!!

Posted March 17, 2013
I feel truly blessed to have my children attend Stoneman. I can attribute the success of my children to teachers such as Ms. Watkins, Mrs. Barton, Mr Monroe... to name a few. These teachers are able to balance the challenges of motivating my two boys in a way that made them feel valued even when the work was difficult. Kudos to a job well done.

Posted March 13, 2013
If it's not one teacher it's another, both my children are advance students and have been coming to this school for over 3 years .Both of them have also been bully not by a student but by a teachers .They have be little them to a point were they don't want to go to school. I have stayed up with them crying and have become so stress that I took them to the Dr because they kept getting upset stomach(which I thought it was from being sick) come to find out they were anxious to go to class which resulted in one of them going to talk therapy.I am not saying all the staff is bad but there are quite a few out there that need some anger management , stress relief ,and manner class.Thank God I am bless to be home and can be involved and can watch out for my kids.I just feel sorry for the rest of them that think just because they are the teachers they can say whatever they want

Posted February 10, 2012
This is our second year, so far this year has been great. Last year was horrible. My daughter had a horrible time with this abusive teacher Mrs. Harland. She teaches the first grade. She screams at her students, loves using put downs. I have cought her screaming at the top of her lungs to a student because that student brought homework that was wet, and had a note from the parent stating it was the mom who had dropped some oil or perfume on it and to please excuse her. Well she did'nt. She crumpled up the note from the parent and threw it in the garbage in front of the little girl and started screaming that she "doesnt take garbage in her class" My daughter was terrefied of this teacher. She wouldn't stay in her class. I asked the teacher to help me convince her to go in and Mrs. Harland just looked down on me with disgust and said there's nothing I can do, you're interrupting my class and shut the door in my face. Stuff like this went on the whole year. I had to go every day and stay there. That teacher wouldn't let the students go to the bathroom. Several kids peed on themselves and received a yelling with it. She still teaches there. They need to fire this woman.

Stoneman Elementary School 4

Posted January 24, 2012
I like Stoneman Elementary School very much. I absolutely loved my son's kindergarten teachers Mrs. Marshall and Mrs. Watkins. But, now that my son is in first grade, I do not like his teacher Mrs. Harland. I feel she has no compassion for first grade level. She is like drill sargent and from day one, she has had 'nothing' nice to say about my son's academics, and she is always sending home rude comments on his homework. I have never heard her say one positive comment about my son during parent/teacher conference. I don't mind if I have to retain my son back in first grade, especiallty if it is going to help him improve, but I definitely do NOT want Mrs. Harland as his teacher again!

Stoneman Elementary School 2

Posted July 27, 2009

Stoneman Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2009

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted September 02, 2008

Stoneman Elementary School
2929 Loveridge Road, Pittsburg, CA  94565
Last modified Stoneman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stoneman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top