Posted May 06, 2012
The special education team at Brookhaven is excellent. It is not the easiest job and you can tell that they really care for the students' academic and social success. The Resource Specialist is extremely intelligent and helpful. The students adore her. She truly is a professional in every sense of the word. My child has made amazingly fast progress in just a few short years. The special educators at Brookhaven know how to advocate for their students.

Posted June 19, 2011
Great school, really challenges the kids and prepares them well for Junior High. Could do more for GATE program activities however.

Posted June 14, 2011
Brookhaven Rocks! The kindergarten staff of Mrs. Grijalva & Ms. Vitelli is amazing; my hat is off to them for consistently going above and beyond to find fun ways to teach. The school is a creative and enthusiastic learning environment. The teachers, principal and parents work as a team to provide a first rate education & experience for children. I would have to agree that the front office secretary could use a better attitude.

Brookhaven Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2011
Brookhaven is a good school, although the office staff leaves much to be desired. The front office secretary is so incredibly rude that when I first went to register my daughter I almost thought about switching her to another school. She gives the whole school a bad image and I feel that they should seriously consider replacing her with someone more compassionate. Besides that it's been a pretty good school overall.

Posted April 26, 2010
I love Brookhaven Elementary School because their staff is extremely friendly and they really help children learn a lot.

Posted August 25, 2008
Brookhaven is a challenging environment where the bar is set very high. At times, I've wished for a more nurturing environment with less emphasis on homework and worksheets. This school takes test scores very seriously. I must admit that my son has spent three years here and he is excelling academically and after all, that is why we send our children to school. The teachers here care about the students very much. Many of the programs and activities, such as the Kindergaten Fairy Tale Ball, Third Grade Grow a Garden, Dr. Seuss Days and Second Grade Sock Hop make for wonderful childhood memories. There are two areas where I would like to see improvements: critical thinking skills and playground supervision. All in all, I'd recommend the school.

Posted April 03, 2008
I have been completely impressed by the quality of staff and teachers at Brookhaven. When on school grounds, it is obvious that the teachers and other staff are dedicated to creating a positive, enthusiastic learning environment. The teachers are stellar and provide a challenging and appropriate curriculum for their students. I have been more than satisfied with ALL aspects of Brookhaven.

Posted March 20, 2008
Brookhaven is a school with great parental support and well behaved students. I have been a part of Brookhaven community for five years and have been impressed with the teaching staff, support staff and the leadership. The office staff is warm and welcoming and first impression is made there.

Posted March 19, 2008
Overall 'community feeling'; very welcoming campus. Principal and staff quality is outstanding. The parent support is unparalleled. Learning takes place in every aspect of the school day. Definitely a school worth sending your child to!

Posted September 05, 2007
B rookhaven offers safe and stimulating learning experience for children. I joined this school last year and did not hesitate to go back. Great principle and teachers, active PTA, wonderful neighborhood and various school events just overwhelmed me. I am glad to be one of Brookhaven bears.

Brookhaven Elementary School
1851 North Brookhaven Avenue, Placentia, CA  92870
Last modified Brookhaven Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookhaven Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.