Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My son loves this school! Teachers are so helpful and often offer many after school review sessions! Plus, the environment is great, with great school spirit and a relaxing atmosphere. My kid feels super comfortable here and loves the environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers seem very helpful and caring at El Dorado. My son has had nothing but positive tings to say about his teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

My son usually has a fair amount of homework. Rarely does he have to spend all night on homework.

I am so glad that my son goes to El Dorado. The teachers are always available for homework help or to answer an email message. The principal is awesome as are the rest of the staff. My son has never seem any problems or drama with the students. Pick up or drop off can be crazy, but I'm sure every high school has the same problem. Love El Dorado. Go Hawks!

The kids seem happy. They have so much freedom compared to most high schools. The school is well rounded from academics to sports. Although we are disappointed in the orchestra changes. The school has hit the impacted point. Traffic is horrible!!! Come on, do something about it! Who has the right away? You can have 5 cars coming and going from one entrance. I almost got clobbered by a police car that raced off campus past the stop sign. Have some people direct traffic. And where is the school calendar? All other schools pass one out and have it on the website.

The biggest issue is the lack of communication with parents and lack of oversight. I have signed up for all emails, phone registrations, and even text updates, but all I receive from the school is random school activity updates. Important issues are not addressed promptly nor professionally. Today was a minimum day but it was not on the district calendar nor were any notices sent home. Ridiculous. I emailed the principal and assistant principal at the beginning of the year offering to volunteer to assist in helping with these issues, but I have yet to get a reply...not even a simple "no, thank you." There has been increased violence on campus with a teacher attacked by a student in front of a class. Nothing sent home. No phone calls. I doubt my youngest child will attend as it will probably be too rough in 7 years time.

Fabulous staff and administration. This is a community of dedicated professionals. Excellent cacmpus security and positive atmosphre.

My school is AWESOME... Everyone that works there cares so much about the kids. No matter what the issue is there is always a way to resolve it. I love that it is the school that my children are able to go to.

I love this school! Very safe environment and teachers who really care about you! With only about 1700 kids, it never feels crowded and cramped! GO HAWKS!

An amazing school with caring, dedicated staff. High quality academics as well as athletics. Our son received the most incredible education there. As a result he is well-prepared for college. Expect your student to work hard and put in time on assignments but it is what gives them the foundation when they graduate. The athletic program also is far beyond most High Schools. Good academic standing is expected to particilate. The coaches, like the teachers have fine expertise and the school produces great athletes not just "jocks" like many high schools.We count it a privilege to have been an El Dorado Golden Hawk.

Last modified El Dorado High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.