El Dorado High School 3

Posted May 28, 2014
The biggest issue is the lack of communication with parents and lack of oversight. I have signed up for all emails, phone registrations, and even text updates, but all I receive from the school is random school activity updates. Important issues are not addressed promptly nor professionally. Today was a minimum day but it was not on the district calendar nor were any notices sent home. Ridiculous. I emailed the principal and assistant principal at the beginning of the year offering to volunteer to assist in helping with these issues, but I have yet to get a reply...not even a simple "no, thank you." There has been increased violence on campus with a teacher attacked by a student in front of a class. Nothing sent home. No phone calls. I doubt my youngest child will attend as it will probably be too rough in 7 years time.

Posted September 14, 2013
Fabulous staff and administration. This is a community of dedicated professionals. Excellent cacmpus security and positive atmosphre.

Posted August 22, 2013
My school is AWESOME... Everyone that works there cares so much about the kids. No matter what the issue is there is always a way to resolve it. I love that it is the school that my children are able to go to.

Posted January 23, 2013
I love this school! Very safe environment and teachers who really care about you! With only about 1700 kids, it never feels crowded and cramped! GO HAWKS!

Posted June 25, 2012
An amazing school with caring, dedicated staff. High quality academics as well as athletics. Our son received the most incredible education there. As a result he is well-prepared for college. Expect your student to work hard and put in time on assignments but it is what gives them the foundation when they graduate. The athletic program also is far beyond most High Schools. Good academic standing is expected to particilate. The coaches, like the teachers have fine expertise and the school produces great athletes not just "jocks" like many high schools.We count it a privilege to have been an El Dorado Golden Hawk.

Posted June 07, 2012
Great teachers who are involved and amazing administrators. The teachers make themselves available to students before and after school and many teachers will stay long after school, even up past 9 PM for special review sessions. Most teachers will not hesitate to call parents about a student who is failing; that is if the parents do not call first. The principal and vice principals are friendly and regularly talk to any and all students. The extracurricular programs are very strong. Cheer has made the national championships 2 years in a row and won the championship last year. Many sports teams make it to CIF. The Mock Trial team has been first in county for the past few years and the Academic Decathlon team is in the top ten in county. However The school has a few issues. Like any school, there are a few teachers who don't adequately teach their subject. The student faculty ratio is a little high and many classes are over-crowded and the counselors over-booked. Furloughs have become common due to budget cuts in the state that trickle down to district and the school. Overall, this is an excellent school, with only a few drawbacks that exist at most schools.

Posted February 23, 2012
Great school ,both my boys went there and they loved it!! And so did i don't regret putting my boys in eldorado at first they were in a private school and it had got too expensive and as a single mom I knew what I had to do to survive and that was public school so I checked out eldo and I loved it the staff is very welcoming with great sports my boys met a lot of new great friends they loved there time at eldorado!

Posted March 26, 2009
Fantastic in all areas! The administration is right on top of things and enforces the rules yet really care for each student as well. The teachers put in much time and also care a great deal about the students. Our child is having a great first year there thanks to the commitment from all at ELDO.

Posted September 04, 2008
I'm always so proud to say my children attend El Dorado High. Great academic programs and amazing teachers who take pride in their position. I know my children are in good hands when I drop my children off. I highly recommend any parent to have their child attend this school.

Posted August 11, 2008

El Dorado High School
1651 North Valencia Avenue, Placentia, CA  92870
Last modified El Dorado High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Dorado High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.