Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 23, 2016
Ruby Drive Elementary is fantastic! The ratings are deceiving since a good portion of the students are ESL learners. So, it doesn't truly reflect the actual quality of academic support, which I've found to be far above average. I am grateful for the attentive teachers and staff... As a parent, I have always found everyone to be accessible and invested in my child's success.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Thank you to all the teachers and administrators, but a special thanks goes to Ms Eppink for being a fabulous teacher!!! She has been fantastic in meeting my child's special needs and helping to keep him focused and challenged at the same time.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 23, 2016
My child has loved all his teachers at Ruby Drife. He has ADHD and every one of them has given him the attention and support he has needed to be successful.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
Most all of the students are from immigrant or non-English speaking families. So, in addition to having to learn the typical curriculum, they have the added need to learn English as a second language. If this doesn't help to develop persistence, tenacity and grit, I don't know what does.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
Ruby Drive places an emphasis on being a good citizen and respecting others - this is in addition to their focus on academics. I appreciate it since these are critical life skills that my child will need to rely on throughout his life.

Ruby Drive Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Great.... The office staff is always cautious about outside lurking around the outer boundary of the school grounds, and walk students from room to room. I like the caring.

Posted April 16, 2008
The school is predominantly hispanic, and much of the instruction, activities and information is given in Spanish, Mexican holidays are very big and Anglo, Asian, and Black children are in the minority. The demographic does reflect the neighborhood where the school is located. I am delighted with the extra care and education my children have recieved. I find it profitable to have my anglo children exposed to different cultures, especially one that is going to be predominant in their future.

Posted December 20, 2007
This school is not a good school.It should have a gate program and nicer teachers.Plus I think that there is too much pressure on the kids.I think that there shouldnt be uniform!

Ruby Drive Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2007
Both of my children began their academic career in Kindergarten and currently attend 3rd and 6th grades at Ruby Drive. I believe the school administration, teachers, and staff members are great and wonderful overall. A;l parents whose students attend Ruby Drive have a responsibility to ensure the academic success of their child and by partaking in their child's PTA/ school activities. I know that many of us work and have little free time, but for our children's sakes, we need to become more involved in our child's daily activities such reviewing homework and talking about their day at school. No school is perfect, improvement is always possible. We also need to instill in our children the importance of cultural diversity and tolerance for differences of op. These children are the future, let's work together to encourage and support them to do their best!

Posted September 18, 2006
I couldn't be more happier with my decision to send her to Ruby Drive. She started there in 2nd Grade is now in 5th and we have been extremely blessed with her Teachers, they're 'exceptional!' The Staff is professional & courteous, the programs offered are extremely enjoyed by my child and myself. I couldn't be any happier with the education my child is receiving there at Ruby Drive.- Tamara

601 Ruby Drive, Placentia, CA  92870-4828
(714) 996-1921
Last modified Ruby Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.