Placentia, CA

John O. Tynes Elementary School 1

Posted November 18, 2014
I am a teacher from other school dist. Not so happy with the teachers in here
8 people found this helpful

Posted November 15, 2014
continuing my review.I have spoke about the excellent teachers, now PTA Pass and New, regardless of our differences, and some wrong doing, they are the hardest , selfless group of people, working soo hard, so ALL our kids can have the best, we are a Title one school so we worked over time to ensure child has the best we can give them. the comment about the six grade fundraising, Well, I was one of those parent that think that way, but then my first six grade came , I realize we have to be supportive of them because one day you will also have a six grader. I can say is this: is so easy to criticized the busy bees that are so hard at work, while you just stand in a corner and judge!! if you don't like how things are run, GET INVOLVED!!!we all have busy life's and volunteers don't do this because we don't have nothing to do, we do it because we care we do it for free and in top of it take horrible comments like, we are to pushy !! MY ADVISE TO YOU, GET INVOLVED!!!! that's how we chance things!!! Thank you Tynes family for the bad cuz it has made us better persons and for the good cuz they have built us to be successful. and the "dating", that goes on everywhere not just Tynes.

John O. Tynes Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2014
Many teachers are not really teaching. Fourth grade teachers are OK... 5th some good, some not... None of 6th grade teachers are really teaching. So glade my kid is in 7th grade now
7 people found this helpful

John O. Tynes Elementary School 2

Posted November 01, 2014
I am no so happy with so many 6th grade fundraising. I agree with another parent. Ever since Sept till now, the end of Oct, ... there are more then 3 or 4 fundraising go on already..... I cannot believe it..... way too much.... by the way, some the teachers are good not everyone.
5 people found this helpful

John O. Tynes Elementary School 3

Posted October 31, 2014
My Son has been Tynes for three years... I loved the teachers there but, not PTA.... they seems try to do so many things to make the school better which I appreciate. But, i surely don't like they try to make so many fundraising for 6th grader inside the school..... Last week they try to sale the lollipop at school during the early morning and lunch time, again fundraising for 6th grader. I'm willing to help the school but, not only for 6th grader. If they want to make some money please ask the 6th grader raising fund from outside the school..... not selling the lollipop at lunch time....... which some kids use their lunch money ....... My son told me that Mrs. T told her to buy more.... what a nice lady.... I wonder if she has any 6th grader.. why don't she pay for it....
8 people found this helpful

Posted April 28, 2014
My son has been going to Tynes for almost two years for Special Education Preschool. He has thrived and made so much progress. Their curriculum is great and the teacher, Mr. Rucker, is fantastic. They communicate regularly with the parents and have regulr meetings. The little ones also get involved in some of the activities sponsosed by the school as a whole such as the book fair, jogathon, etc. The school lunch program is great as I am able to send a check for my son's lunches on a monthly basis. I can't wait for him to go here for his other grades.

Posted December 09, 2013
We have a 5th grader in GATE and a 2nd grader. Academically, our 5th grader is being challenged and loving it. And our 2nd grader has blossomed as well...now a voracious reader. We have been thoroughly impressed by everyone and everything. The NEW Principal, Mrs. Silverman is fantastic. She is warm, friendly, communicative, sharp, extremely competent and has already made amazing changes to our school. The students, parents and PTA have already greatly benefited. We have everything: AR, Ticket to Read, ST Math. The PTA has really pulled together and is communicative, friendly and making a strong impact. There is so much parent involvement this year which has been wonderful! We are very glad we are here.

Posted August 01, 2013
We moved from neighborhood Lakeview elementary to TYNES last yr & couldn't be happier. My son has Mrs. Frederick for 4th grade gate. Could not believe there is such a teacher who still genuinely cares about teaching & motivating the kids.

Posted September 26, 2011
As a new Tynes parent of a 1st & 5th grade GATE student, I am highly pleased with several aspects regarding this campus. The staff is highly trained & extremely motivated, often going above & beyond what is expected of them. Next is the principal & her relationship with the PTA, who have an incredible support system & unity that truly makes a difference for the students under their care. Furthermore, the test scores have gone up significantly & this school feeds into Kraemer Junior High & Valencia High School (with its IB program/current wait list). Lastly, the modernizations have made this school more aesthetically pleasing, safe, & a pleasure for children to be instructed in.

Posted August 23, 2011
Wow! Impressive gain in test scores this year. Love all the new accelerated programs too.

John O. Tynes Elementary School
735 Stanford Drive, Placentia, CA  92870
Last modified John O. Tynes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John O. Tynes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top