Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

My child is thriving here with excellent teachers, great extra curricular activities, and she has a strong desire to exceed what is expected of her. She often quotes the funny things her teacher says and the integrity she already had is emphasized and complimented regularly.

I am very pleased with this school. I moved from South Orange County back to Placentia and frankly, had lower expectations for any schools in the area. In contrast, I am more happy about Tynes than I could have imagined. The principal is fantastic. She met my needs and assisted me with a small issue I had. She has a wonderful attitude as do all of the teachers and staff. I have never seen such a devoted PTA either. My only complaint is that more parents are not involved, but that has nothing to do with what this school offers. I recommend to anyone from special needs to GATE, this school has it all. Also, a really nice campus.

We have been at Tynes for a few years now and have had great success here. Mrs. Silverman is an excellent Principal and the teachers have all been very professional and caring! The PTA has been amazing in building up the school where everyone is welcome and provided for especially as a Title I. FYI: The grams are designed to provide a 6th grade fundraiser and a fun way to send a thoughtful message to teachers, friends, etc with a treat. It's to raise money for 6th grade camp for all of the 6th graders, many who cannot fund raise on their own outside of school. It's easy to complain. Step up and Volunteer and see for yourself. And your son has the choice not to purchase and participate.

I agree 100% with Tynes having so much to offer the community! Not only does it have wonderful programs, including a GATE magnet program taught by outstanding GATE certified teachers, but the staff as a whole works hard to see that every child learns. Teachers collaborate in order to create structured yet engaging lessons meant to yield high student achievement and learning. The principal is also incredible! She has created a positive school climate as well as listens to the community's concerns and values their input. All in all, the programs, teachers, and leadership at Tynes is first class! Amazing school!

I am a teacher from other school dist. Not so happy with the teachers in here

continuing my review.I have spoke about the excellent teachers, now PTA Pass and New, regardless of our differences, and some wrong doing, they are the hardest , selfless group of people, working soo hard, so ALL our kids can have the best, we are a Title one school so we worked over time to ensure child has the best we can give them. the comment about the six grade fundraising, Well, I was one of those parent that think that way, but then my first six grade came , I realize we have to be supportive of them because one day you will also have a six grader. I can say is this: is so easy to criticized the busy bees that are so hard at work, while you just stand in a corner and judge!! if you don't like how things are run, GET INVOLVED!!!we all have busy life's and volunteers don't do this because we don't have nothing to do, we do it because we care we do it for free and in top of it take horrible comments like, we are to pushy !! MY ADVISE TO YOU, GET INVOLVED!!!! that's how we chance things!!! Thank you Tynes family for the bad cuz it has made us better persons and for the good cuz they have built us to be successful. and the "dating", that goes on everywhere not just Tynes.

Many teachers are not really teaching. Fourth grade teachers are OK... 5th some good, some not... None of 6th grade teachers are really teaching. So glade my kid is in 7th grade now

I am no so happy with so many 6th grade fundraising. I agree with another parent. Ever since Sept till now, the end of Oct, ... there are more then 3 or 4 fundraising go on already..... I cannot believe it..... way too much.... by the way, some the teachers are good not everyone.

My Son has been Tynes for three years... I loved the teachers there but, not PTA.... they seems try to do so many things to make the school better which I appreciate. But, i surely don't like they try to make so many fundraising for 6th grader inside the school..... Last week they try to sale the lollipop at school during the early morning and lunch time, again fundraising for 6th grader. I'm willing to help the school but, not only for 6th grader. If they want to make some money please ask the 6th grader raising fund from outside the school..... not selling the lollipop at lunch time....... which some kids use their lunch money ....... My son told me that Mrs. T told her to buy more.... what a nice lady.... I wonder if she has any 6th grader.. why don't she pay for it....

My daughter was in Ms. Benner's class and I have to say she is amazing . I have a son whom just finished 3rd grade and his teacher I think was to hard on the children . Ms. Silverman is great thank you for coming to John Tynes your awesome.

Last modified John O. Tynes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.