Posted September 18, 2014
On my fourth year at VHS, I can say with certainty that this school is AMAZING Nowhere else will you find such great opportunities for your student, as well as true diversity and great academics. This school prepared me for a bright future. Thank you VHS :) Go tigers!

Posted June 29, 2014
Valencia HS provides a lot of diversity, rigorous academics, and helpful teachers. I had a great experience in this school and still am. The sports I hear are great, the involvement is hands on, and the learning is fantastic. The people are really nice here and some teachers really care about the students future. You can get great advice from some of the counselors( AVID COUNSELOR was the best) and helpful tips for your future. The surroundings in the school are great, I really love that trees are around you and the campus is different. It has a little twist to your typical school campuses. The lunch food is not that great and I believe not healthy, but some teachers decide to bring food to school to sell to kids. For example: $1 noodle cup soups, chips, cookies, junk food, soda, and water. There are vending machines that sell junk food, Snapple, Gatorade, water, ice cream, and soda. Also the band room has an afterschool snack place that sells a ton of food, junk food, ice cream, beverages, and a lot more ALL FOR $1. It is the average teenagers dream, although I don't know if they will have the band afterschool snack bar this upcoming year 2014-2015. Pack own food to stay healthy.

Posted June 09, 2014
The staff and students are wonderful, my daughter had a great experience. The diversity of the campus makes this school a real-world experience. I recommend it all the time. In my four years as a parent of a student here, it surprises me that anyone had a bad experience. The staff are extremely devoted-- I have heard of counselors helping their students financially - I recall a fundraiser that helped a family recently (mother had cancer), I think they raised $1300 from just the staff and a few kids. Valencia is an incredibly underrated school. It is recognized nationally as one of the best in the country (Newsweek magazine).

Valencia High School 1

Posted March 30, 2014
I had a horrible experience at this school. I transferred into this school over spring break last year, even though I really wanted to go to El Dorado. It has a very high hispanic population which was not a problem but due to the fact I'm very fair and have blonde hair, I stood out like a sore thumb. After only two weeks of being there, people were spreading horrible rumors about me. And I mean HORRIBLE. The teachers I had, except for one, were very rude and inconsiderate. And the counselor I had was even worse. She believed that she knew everything and wouldn't listen to anything I had to say, which ended up really screwing me over. In the end, I only had 4 classes as a freshman and absolutely refused to put me into any other electives so that I wouldn't fall behind in credits (which she could've done without a problem.) All in all, rude students and faculty members destroyed the high hopes that I had for Valencia. Avoid this school at all costs.

Valencia High School 1

Posted October 21, 2013
I completely hated his school the people here are hostile and the school has just an overall bad envirement.

Posted August 13, 2013
My school is great, but only if you're enrolled in the IB or Valencia Tech programs.

Posted June 13, 2013
BEST SCHOOL in the district. I feel safe, and the teachers and staff really care about you. Attend this school.

Posted December 17, 2012
Accademics really emphasised here. Great athletic department as well. My soon plays basketball and baseball and is making some good friends, hopefully for life.

Posted February 26, 2012
Valencia High School win 2012 Academic Decathlon Overall Team 1st Place Division 1 in Orange County. 2012 Academic Decathlon SuperQuiz 1st Place division 1 in Orange County. Valencia High School Team will present Orange County at California Acadmic Decathlon Competition in March 15-18, 2012 in Sacramento. In 2011, Valencia High place ranking in 12th place in Dvision 1 of California. http://www.academicdecathlon.org/scores/state2011SummaryResults.pdf

Posted December 10, 2009

Valencia High School
500 North Bradford Avenue, Placentia, CA  92870
Last modified Valencia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valencia High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.