PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 30, 2015
Our family is grateful for 8th grade teacher Amy Elder. Amy's connection with her students gives them the inspiration to learn and grow. The level of Amy's Main Lesson blocks illustrate her dedication to her teaching.

Posted November 28, 2015
I am a full-time public school teacher and I absolutely believe in public education. Nonetheless, I decided to invest in Waldorf education for my children. My son graduated from 8th grade at Cedar Springs Waldorf School in 2015, and my daughter is now in 3rd grade. The reason I chose CSW is because I wanted to do whatever I could to support the emotional, intellectual, artistic and physical growth of my kids. Waldorf curriculum provides my kids with a rounded educational experience grounded in personal and social consciousness that is difficult to offer in public schools. Where I work, my smallest class has 27 students, and my largest went down from 40 to 36. As much as I love the young people I work with, I feel like a lot of my job is focused on how to provide the most I can to a mass of people. I truly honor and value my work. And at the same time, I will continue to educate my daughter at CSW for as long as I can manage it. Over the five years my children and I have been part of the CSW community I have grown to trust the staff completely. The vision that teachers at CSW hold for their students is clear. Trusting in them to guide students well is critical. For example, public schools may begin reading curriculum in Kindergarten while Waldorf begins later, but every student I have known in the Waldorf program has learned how to read. Waldorf-educated youth exit the middle school program with an ability to express their ideas articulately and gracefully, and with a wealth of vocabulary and ease that, to be frank, most public school kids in 8th grade do not have. My children are happier, more self-aware and connected, and more comfortable with problem solving than they were when they entered CSW. My son currently has a 4.0 from his first semester in high school, and I don't anticipate any academic deficits. I think Cedar Spring Waldorf School has been a gift to my family, and I feel grateful to the staff for the way that it continues to support and guide my children.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 28, 2015
Thanks to Paula Thompson for her wisdom and for setting the bar high! Thank you to Veronica G for guiding the youngest children at the school with such compassion and love.

Posted September 26, 2014
I just read the review from the parent that is having learning challenges with their child, and I can really tell how frustrated they feel about the difficulties they are having to face. I must admit that I felt defensive that this person lumped my children into the "they lie about testing results" and "every child needs tutoring" statements. My two children have only had a Waldorf education (Cedar Springs and Sac Waldorf): they only had to prepare for one, maybe two standardized tests before ACT's and SAT's. For the test in 7th grade, BOTH of my children tested in all categories in the 12th grade/college freshman level. My son graduated Magne Cum Laude from a California State University. Neither child EVER had a moment of tutoring. Full tuition all those years, thousands of volunteer hours, and not one penny spent or one minute of volunteer time was done with regret! I'm not negating the unhappy reviewer's comments, just asking that they don't include me in their experience.

Cedar Springs Waldorf School 1

Posted September 24, 2014
Our son was slow learning how to read, and we moved him here to relieve the pressure he was feeling in public school. Still in Third grade he was not reading near grade level and we were exasperated with paying tuition and their tutor that they recommended for over a year with little to no progress. We finally decided to have him evaluated at our local school and discovered that he was actually farther behind in third grade than he was when he had his Kindergarten evaluation both in math and reading. We spent thousands of dollars and slowly watched our child's confidence dwindle over the years all the while the teachers assured us he was doing fine. This school lies to new incoming parents stating that their graduates perform above public school, yet they have no records or proof. Almost every graduate ends up needing tutoring. Beware of the "good feeling" they sell, as it wares off with a punch in the face! None of the teachers are credentialed and many have their degrees in unrelated fields. Going to Rudolf Steiner for two years hardly replaces the knowledge these teachers lack of classroom time. BEWARE!

Posted April 28, 2014
Cedar Springs is a wonderful, loving, warm and safe environment for our children. We love this school for our Kindergartener! It is a family environment where parents are gardening, potlucking, making play dates and sharing recipes all surrounding our drop off and pick up times for our children. Our family and parent involvement coupled with our teachers' commitment to our children and us parents is why our school was voted 2013 Best Private School in El Dorado County! Our school would be greatly improved by affording updates on our classrooms, heater and air systems and playgrounds, and staff deveopment.

Posted April 09, 2014
I feel so blessed that my children are able to participate in this community. Im so glad learning is based on soul and heart not just mind and body. Our society needs to develop good people not just good test scores.

Posted April 08, 2014
I want to share that CSWS has helped, my son, with Sensory Processing Disorder learn to communicate and grow emotionally. The kind teaching ways have improved his self esteem, there is only purposeful work when his hands are not doing something correctly. The fellow students are also taught that all have the ability to help each other emotionally. This school has really helped him!!! He did attend a public school and his behavior was not recognized nor addressed. In fact, his emotional self esteem was sad and getting lower everyday. WE are so Grateful for the love and support that Lily Kindergarten at Cedar Springs Waldorf School has given back to my son a joy in school and the spirit to be happy.. thank you

Posted April 08, 2014
Cedar Springs Waldorf School is a small gem (preschool to 8th grade) tucked into the Sierra Nevada foothills outside of Placerville. It has a tremendous heart force, fostered by the teachers, the students, their parents, and staff. The only asphalt you'll see is on the driveway; everything else is dirt, gardens, rolling play yards, goat and chicken pens, a large greenhouse... The caliber of the teachers is amazing; they truly love and believe in their work here at CSWS. Everything from live student orchestral concerts, to flaming bunsen burners, live stage plays starting with the first grade, to field trips to the Mondavi, specialist math, Spanish, gardening, and music teachers, and everything in between is offered at our school. Parents know that their children are seen as individuals, whose talents and capabilities are fostered at an age-appropriate level. Open Houses and A Day in the Life are routinely offered. This is a wholesome, joyful place to live and learn!

Posted April 07, 2014
Cedar Springs is an excellent school, full of caring teachers, engaged parents and enthusiastic students. The academics of this school fully prepare children for moving on to high school, and the ways they are taught to think and follow through give them gifts they can use throughout life.

6029 Gold Meadow Rd, Placerville, CA  95667
Last modified Cedar Springs Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8