Posted September 26, 2014
I just read the review from the parent that is having learning challenges with their child, and I can really tell how frustrated they feel about the difficulties they are having to face. I must admit that I felt defensive that this person lumped my children into the "they lie about testing results" and "every child needs tutoring" statements. My two children have only had a Waldorf education (Cedar Springs and Sac Waldorf): they only had to prepare for one, maybe two standardized tests before ACT's and SAT's. For the test in 7th grade, BOTH of my children tested in all categories in the 12th grade/college freshman level. My son graduated Magne Cum Laude from a California State University. Neither child EVER had a moment of tutoring. Full tuition all those years, thousands of volunteer hours, and not one penny spent or one minute of volunteer time was done with regret! I'm not negating the unhappy reviewer's comments, just asking that they don't include me in their experience.

Cedar Springs Waldorf School 1

Posted September 24, 2014
Our son was slow learning how to read, and we moved him here to relieve the pressure he was feeling in public school. Still in Third grade he was not reading near grade level and we were exasperated with paying tuition and their tutor that they recommended for over a year with little to no progress. We finally decided to have him evaluated at our local school and discovered that he was actually farther behind in third grade than he was when he had his Kindergarten evaluation both in math and reading. We spent thousands of dollars and slowly watched our child's confidence dwindle over the years all the while the teachers assured us he was doing fine. This school lies to new incoming parents stating that their graduates perform above public school, yet they have no records or proof. Almost every graduate ends up needing tutoring. Beware of the "good feeling" they sell, as it wares off with a punch in the face! None of the teachers are credentialed and many have their degrees in unrelated fields. Going to Rudolf Steiner for two years hardly replaces the knowledge these teachers lack of classroom time. BEWARE!

Posted April 28, 2014
Cedar Springs is a wonderful, loving, warm and safe environment for our children. We love this school for our Kindergartener! It is a family environment where parents are gardening, potlucking, making play dates and sharing recipes all surrounding our drop off and pick up times for our children. Our family and parent involvement coupled with our teachers' commitment to our children and us parents is why our school was voted 2013 Best Private School in El Dorado County! Our school would be greatly improved by affording updates on our classrooms, heater and air systems and playgrounds, and staff deveopment.

Posted April 09, 2014
I feel so blessed that my children are able to participate in this community. Im so glad learning is based on soul and heart not just mind and body. Our society needs to develop good people not just good test scores.

Posted April 08, 2014
I want to share that CSWS has helped, my son, with Sensory Processing Disorder learn to communicate and grow emotionally. The kind teaching ways have improved his self esteem, there is only purposeful work when his hands are not doing something correctly. The fellow students are also taught that all have the ability to help each other emotionally. This school has really helped him!!! He did attend a public school and his behavior was not recognized nor addressed. In fact, his emotional self esteem was sad and getting lower everyday. WE are so Grateful for the love and support that Lily Kindergarten at Cedar Springs Waldorf School has given back to my son a joy in school and the spirit to be happy.. thank you

Posted April 08, 2014
Cedar Springs Waldorf School is a small gem (preschool to 8th grade) tucked into the Sierra Nevada foothills outside of Placerville. It has a tremendous heart force, fostered by the teachers, the students, their parents, and staff. The only asphalt you'll see is on the driveway; everything else is dirt, gardens, rolling play yards, goat and chicken pens, a large greenhouse... The caliber of the teachers is amazing; they truly love and believe in their work here at CSWS. Everything from live student orchestral concerts, to flaming bunsen burners, live stage plays starting with the first grade, to field trips to the Mondavi, specialist math, Spanish, gardening, and music teachers, and everything in between is offered at our school. Parents know that their children are seen as individuals, whose talents and capabilities are fostered at an age-appropriate level. Open Houses and A Day in the Life are routinely offered. This is a wholesome, joyful place to live and learn!

Posted April 07, 2014
Cedar Springs is an excellent school, full of caring teachers, engaged parents and enthusiastic students. The academics of this school fully prepare children for moving on to high school, and the ways they are taught to think and follow through give them gifts they can use throughout life.

Posted April 07, 2014
Our kids transferred in at Grades 3 & 5 from a public school. The transition was seamless and we couldn't be happier. Our kids come home every day saying how much they love school and learning!

Posted November 15, 2013
I've been to other Waldorf schools in the area recently and the thing I love about this one is the community. Projects that need doing get done by parents and alumni alike, to just amazing degrees. Everyone is carpooling, doing laundry, building fences, helping teachers -- and when you step onto the campus you can feel that support everywhere. Everyone knows how the budget is doing, and everyone has one eye on how they can help out too.

Posted August 17, 2013
I had the priviledge of my two daughters to go through cedar springs waldorf school k-8. I could not have imagined a more perfect environment for my kids as well as for my family. The faculty and staff at cedar springs are full of caring and nuturing people that who's goal is to bring out the best in all who attend.

Cedar Springs Waldorf School
6029 Gold Meadow Rd, Placerville, CA  95667
Last modified Cedar Springs Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Cedar Springs Waldorf School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top