PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Cedar Springs Waldorf School is a school like no other I've ever experienced. From the moment I spoke with Monica in enrollment requesting information and a tour of the campus, my family and I have felt right at home. The staff, students and parents at CSWS have created this amazing community where children can be, well, children. I have seen growth in my daughter that I didn't think was possible at her age. I am constantly amazed at what she is learning. I'm so thankful that we found CSWS!

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel that my daughters teacher is extremely mindful of her students and adjusts the homework levels appropriately.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at CSWS are amazing selfless individuals that make this school the rich creative learning environment that it is.

We came to Cedar Springs for my son's last two years of middle school (7th and 8th grade). CSWS was one of three Waldorf schools my son visited, we trusted him to make the choice and he picked CSWS. When I asked him why he said he loved the teacher, the students and he felt like he found his home. Believe me when I said that the 45 mile drive (one way) to school was well worth it, knowing my child felt safe and protected.

Watching my son grow physically, cognitively, and socially from his experiences at Cedar Springs had been a priceless gift. He has developed into a boy with integrity, a rich imagination, and a passion to learn. Thank you to all teachers and staff and CSWS! You are shaping our future.

Poor leadership and school allows bullying, lack of transparency has created an unhealthy relationship between parents and school

I am a full-time public school teacher and I absolutely believe in public education. Nonetheless, I decided to invest in Waldorf education for my children. My son graduated from 8th grade at Cedar Springs Waldorf School in 2015, and my daughter is now in 3rd grade. The reason I chose CSW is because I wanted to do whatever I could to support the emotional, intellectual, artistic and physical growth of my kids. Waldorf curriculum provides my kids with a rounded educational experience grounded in personal and social consciousness that is difficult to offer in public schools. Where I work, my smallest class has 27 students, and my largest went down from 40 to 36. As much as I love the young people I work with, I feel like a lot of my job is focused on how to provide the most I can to a mass of people. I truly honor and value my work. And at the same time, I will continue to educate my daughter at CSW for as long as I can manage it. Over the five years my children and I have been part of the CSW community I have grown to trust the staff completely. The vision that teachers at CSW hold for their students is clear. Trusting in them to guide students well is critical. For example, public schools may begin reading curriculum in Kindergarten while Waldorf begins later, but every student I have known in the Waldorf program has learned how to read. Waldorf-educated youth exit the middle school program with an ability to express their ideas articulately and gracefully, and with a wealth of vocabulary and ease that, to be frank, most public school kids in 8th grade do not have. My children are happier, more self-aware and connected, and more comfortable with problem solving than they were when they entered CSW. My son currently has a 4.0 from his first semester in high school, and I don't anticipate any academic deficits. I think Cedar Spring Waldorf School has been a gift to my family, and I feel grateful to the staff for the way that it continues to support and guide my children.

I just read the review from the parent that is having learning challenges with their child, and I can really tell how frustrated they feel about the difficulties they are having to face. I must admit that I felt defensive that this person lumped my children into the "they lie about testing results" and "every child needs tutoring" statements. My two children have only had a Waldorf education (Cedar Springs and Sac Waldorf): they only had to prepare for one, maybe two standardized tests before ACT's and SAT's. For the test in 7th grade, BOTH of my children tested in all categories in the 12th grade/college freshman level. My son graduated Magne Cum Laude from a California State University. Neither child EVER had a moment of tutoring. Full tuition all those years, thousands of volunteer hours, and not one penny spent or one minute of volunteer time was done with regret! I'm not negating the unhappy reviewer's comments, just asking that they don't include me in their experience.

Our son was slow learning how to read, and we moved him here to relieve the pressure he was feeling in public school. Still in Third grade he was not reading near grade level and we were exasperated with paying tuition and their tutor that they recommended for over a year with little to no progress. We finally decided to have him evaluated at our local school and discovered that he was actually farther behind in third grade than he was when he had his Kindergarten evaluation both in math and reading. We spent thousands of dollars and slowly watched our child's confidence dwindle over the years all the while the teachers assured us he was doing fine. This school lies to new incoming parents stating that their graduates perform above public school, yet they have no records or proof. Almost every graduate ends up needing tutoring. Beware of the "good feeling" they sell, as it wares off with a punch in the face! None of the teachers are credentialed and many have their degrees in unrelated fields. Going to Rudolf Steiner for two years hardly replaces the knowledge these teachers lack of classroom time. BEWARE!

Cedar Springs is a wonderful, loving, warm and safe environment for our children. We love this school for our Kindergartener! It is a family environment where parents are gardening, potlucking, making play dates and sharing recipes all surrounding our drop off and pick up times for our children. Our family and parent involvement coupled with our teachers' commitment to our children and us parents is why our school was voted 2013 Best Private School in El Dorado County! Our school would be greatly improved by affording updates on our classrooms, heater and air systems and playgrounds, and staff deveopment.

Last modified Cedar Springs Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8