PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted May 25, 2016
Cedar Springs Waldorf School is a school like no other I've ever experienced. From the moment I spoke with Monica in enrollment requesting information and a tour of the campus, my family and I have felt right at home. The staff, students and parents at CSWS have created this amazing community where children can be, well, children. I have seen growth in my daughter that I didn't think was possible at her age. I am constantly amazed at what she is learning. I'm so thankful that we found CSWS!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 25, 2016
I feel that my daughters teacher is extremely mindful of her students and adjusts the homework levels appropriately.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 25, 2016
The teachers at CSWS are amazing selfless individuals that make this school the rich creative learning environment that it is.

Posted May 25, 2016
We came to Cedar Springs for my son's last two years of middle school (7th and 8th grade). CSWS was one of three Waldorf schools my son visited, we trusted him to make the choice and he picked CSWS. When I asked him why he said he loved the teacher, the students and he felt like he found his home. Believe me when I said that the 45 mile drive (one way) to school was well worth it, knowing my child felt safe and protected.

Posted May 25, 2016
Watching my son grow physically, cognitively, and socially from his experiences at Cedar Springs had been a priceless gift. He has developed into a boy with integrity, a rich imagination, and a passion to learn. Thank you to all teachers and staff and CSWS! You are shaping our future.

Cedar Springs Waldorf School 2

Posted May 25, 2016
Poor leadership and school allows bullying, lack of transparency has created an unhealthy relationship between parents and school

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 30, 2015
Our family is grateful for 8th grade teacher Amy Elder. Amy's connection with her students gives them the inspiration to learn and grow. The level of Amy's Main Lesson blocks illustrate her dedication to her teaching.

Posted November 28, 2015
I am a full-time public school teacher and I absolutely believe in public education. Nonetheless, I decided to invest in Waldorf education for my children. My son graduated from 8th grade at Cedar Springs Waldorf School in 2015, and my daughter is now in 3rd grade. The reason I chose CSW is because I wanted to do whatever I could to support the emotional, intellectual, artistic and physical growth of my kids. Waldorf curriculum provides my kids with a rounded educational experience grounded in personal and social consciousness that is difficult to offer in public schools. Where I work, my smallest class has 27 students, and my largest went down from 40 to 36. As much as I love the young people I work with, I feel like a lot of my job is focused on how to provide the most I can to a mass of people. I truly honor and value my work. And at the same time, I will continue to educate my daughter at CSW for as long as I can manage it. Over the five years my children and I have been part of the CSW community I have grown to trust the staff completely. The vision that teachers at CSW hold for their students is clear. Trusting in them to guide students well is critical. For example, public schools may begin reading curriculum in Kindergarten while Waldorf begins later, but every student I have known in the Waldorf program has learned how to read. Waldorf-educated youth exit the middle school program with an ability to express their ideas articulately and gracefully, and with a wealth of vocabulary and ease that, to be frank, most public school kids in 8th grade do not have. My children are happier, more self-aware and connected, and more comfortable with problem solving than they were when they entered CSW. My son currently has a 4.0 from his first semester in high school, and I don't anticipate any academic deficits. I think Cedar Spring Waldorf School has been a gift to my family, and I feel grateful to the staff for the way that it continues to support and guide my children.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 28, 2015
Thanks to Paula Thompson for her wisdom and for setting the bar high! Thank you to Veronica G for guiding the youngest children at the school with such compassion and love.

Posted September 26, 2014
I just read the review from the parent that is having learning challenges with their child, and I can really tell how frustrated they feel about the difficulties they are having to face. I must admit that I felt defensive that this person lumped my children into the "they lie about testing results" and "every child needs tutoring" statements. My two children have only had a Waldorf education (Cedar Springs and Sac Waldorf): they only had to prepare for one, maybe two standardized tests before ACT's and SAT's. For the test in 7th grade, BOTH of my children tested in all categories in the 12th grade/college freshman level. My son graduated Magne Cum Laude from a California State University. Neither child EVER had a moment of tutoring. Full tuition all those years, thousands of volunteer hours, and not one penny spent or one minute of volunteer time was done with regret! I'm not negating the unhappy reviewer's comments, just asking that they don't include me in their experience.

6029 Gold Meadow Rd, Placerville, CA  95667
Last modified Cedar Springs Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8