Posted March 24, 2014
This is an amazing school. It has great teachers. The P.E. teacher is fun. All of the teachers teach out of the box and go over and beyond to get you ready for High School

Posted December 16, 2012
Nearly every review I read here is pejorative and uninformative. The Jan 19th review apparently has an issue with white kids who can speak English. How terrible those kids must be! I came here to read about the test scores and I think I ran into a buzz saw of bitter parents who probably were the chief reason their kids were not doing better in the school. The school shows a 7 out of 10. By comparison, I went and looked at my old elementary school rating. It's receiving a 2. Probably loaded with non white kids who can't speak English. It won't let me leave a review without assigning the completely meaningless star rating. I'll give it a 5! Because they endorse English.

Posted January 19, 2012
This school is the worst ever. I would not send my kids here if you paid me. The only reason the test scores are good is because the kids are white and know English. The teachers are horrible.

Posted December 03, 2010
My 5 children have all loved Pleasant Valley. It may be that the school has some problems with one teacher in particular, but I will NEVER be sorry to have had my kids there. I disagree with the comment made September 5th. The students have one elective, and no after school activites besides sports. Most of the teachers are wonderful, and it's a great shame that people dislike our school. If there is one thing we are NOT lacking in it is school pride and spirit.

Posted December 12, 2009

Posted December 06, 2009

Pleasant Valley Middle School 0

Posted July 16, 2009
Horrible teachers that think they can, (and do) get away with being terrible to their students and parents. My child went her for a couple of months and I pulled her right out. She became depressed while she was there. She felt like she could not even ask a question without getting snapped at, and was actually told to figure it out herself. Before going to this school she received A's, B's, and an occasional C. She was failing in all of her classes here. I put her into Mountain Creek and she was on the honor roll all year round, and I finally got my daughter back out of the depression that school caused. This school is horrific, and if you care about your childs well being....don't put them there!

Posted February 03, 2009
Pleasant Valley School is on the brink of closing because of declining enrollment. Parents are choosing to send their kids elsewhere. My oldest graduated from PV last year and I will not send any of her siblings to that middle school until there is a major overhaul in the teaching faculty.

Pleasant Valley Middle School 0

Posted January 30, 2009
run away!! do not move into this school district, you'll be sorry!

Posted September 01, 2008
I never realized how far behind PV is until we moved out of state. My son was a highest honor student at PV; now he is struggling because his new school is so far advanced over PV. PV needs to focus more on core subjects and do a better job of preparing students for higher grade levels. Students need to be taught how to study, how to research and how to write reports. Gold Oak School district puts too low of an emphasis on this type of learning and too high an emphasis on artistic ability.

Pleasant Valley Middle School
4120 Pleasant Valley Road, Placerville, CA  95667
Last modified Pleasant Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Valley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top