Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

both of our children are attending Paseo del Rey, they are happy here and are thriving. It is a well diverse environment, which is fantastic. The teachers are passionate and dedicated. Principle Sullivan spent her whole life in this neighborhood and is very committed. We can't ask for more.

We are starting our 2nd year at Paseo. Our kindergarten experience was fabulous and we are truly impressed with the dedication the 2 kinder teachers show to the school. I'd like to respectfully completely disagree with a previous comment about kinder placing too much emphasis on behavior- the teachers do a fantastic job of balancing social growth and academics. Their job is to instill the expectations of how students should behave in the school setting and teach our children about being a citizen in the classroom. Your child probably then did well in first grade because the teachers worked so hard to make sure he/she knew what it meant to be a student in the classroom and school community! My child always came home with an attitude of we learn from our mistakes and we start the next day with a clean slate! I highly recommend this school and the phenomenonal kindergarten program. The students leave reading and writing and their math skills are impressive! There is an emphasis on STEM science and hands on learning. The kinder teachers even do a hands on day for Colonial Day where students learn about making butter, washing clothes by hand and feather writing. Truly a hidden gem in our Playa del Rey community!

We are on our second year at Paseo and are very happy with the school so far. Our son has had wonderful teachers in 1st and now 2nd grade. He is excelling and making friends. Jennifer Sullivan is a real pro and it shows. I recommend this school!

EXCELLENT school! Principal, teachers and staff that really care about making a difference! Well rounded curriculum with many extras. Paseo has a science lab, computer lab, garden, beautiful library and a PE program that is funded by the school. Paseo also has a very diverse campus that celebrates all cultures. My third child is now attending this school and I couldn't be happier.

I have taught at Paseo for 24 years and am fortunate to teach with one of the finest faculties in LAUSD. They go above and beyond for our students and do not hesitate to continue their learning in order to help students succeed. As a school we implementing Writer's Workshop, Reader's Workshop, CGI math, as well as having a Planet Bravo for computers, STAR PE, orchestra, and dance. Our administration goes out of their way to know our students and encourage them to do their best.Paseo is a great community to be a part of!

I've taught kindergarten at Paseo for 12 years! We have a community of learners who are taught using readers and writers workshop, CGI and project based curriculum. Our teachers work hard to stay up to date on best practices so as to serve all of our students and their diverse needs. We are a hidden gem in the Playa del Rey/Westchester area.

I have been working at Paseo del Rey for just over a year now and couldn't recommend it more highly. Our teachers are extremely motivated to support students and to help them to succeed. Our principal regularly goes outside the line of duty, and it is very clear how much she cares for the students (and teachers)! Professional Development is consistent and strong, and teachers are well-versed on common core and how to implement it, as well as new teaching strategies. Go stingrays!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I'd like to see a consistency in the teaching styles of the teachers. Kinder required a significant emphasis on behavior causing an undo amount of stress for our son who daily received notes that he received "Red" for talking out of turn. His experience in 1st grade is awesome. Less stress as he LEARNS how to manage himself and focusing more on academia!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The administrators treat the children with respect, honesty, and integrity therefore passed down to the students. Prior to my son attending kinder, we went to the Island Festival where I heard Mrs. Sullivan ask a student "Is that the way we represent Paseo?" and the student self corrected. I decided then and there Paseo was the school for my son!

Most of the student get bus from all over South LA , and the kids have different home problems that they get from their parents so they come to school frustrated and angry and take they anger out other kids. Teacher are good. The two ladies in the offices need to retire. Principal and vice principal are nice.

Last modified Paseo Del Rey Natural Science Magnet is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.