Posted March 25, 2012
my grandaughter recently entered the school in 11th grade. Teachers and program is great. Will update after more experience with the school

Horizons Alternative School 5

Posted March 12, 2012
My 4 children attended Horizons for 15 years and it became our home away from home! I could not say enough good about our experience with the teachers and other families! My oldest son got a great education in partnership with the knowledgeable advisors, materials, networking/workshop opportunities and flexibility which led to a lucrative career in IT. My kids enjoyed having a personal teacher advisor to share their work with and I appreciated the support! The best of both worlds - flexibility and personal attention like home and accountability, community and a solid reputation like the best schools! I am so glad that we discovered Horizons and highly recommend them to novice homeschoolers and veterans alike!

Posted July 03, 2005
This school is a good alternative for the student that is academically struggling or having social problems associated with public high school. The student sees his teacher once a week for about 3 hours and gets 1 weeks homework to take home. During the weekly meeting the teacher grades the past weeks assignments and helps the student with any problem areas. Graduation requirements are lower(200 credits instead of 230) but the overall education quality is as good as going to school. Parents can be as involved as they want,however part of the program is for the parent to keep the student focused on his assignments.It is very important that the student be able to focus on completing assignments.It is also important that the studnet be a self starter. I don't know of any extracurricular activities provided by this school. there is a graudation ceremony at the end of the school year.

Horizons Alternative School 5

Posted April 24, 2005
Homeschooling with the aid of Horizons is education at it's finest! The teachers are wonderful. They extend themselves generously, even coming to your home to help. There are more teaching aids available for use than any one student could use in all his/her years of school. I am also thankful for and impressed by the coordination of workshops, (for students and parents), assemblies, special activities for the kids, newsletters and teacher participation. A child in the Horizons program is destined for amazing success!

Posted May 29, 2004
- a former student
I've attended this school, this great school since I was five, and until I was around nine. This is a wonderful home-schooling facility, filled with excelent resources, great advisors, and fun activities all year around. I really loved my time here.

Horizons Alternative School
1 Santa Barbara Road, Pleasant Hill, CA  94523
Last modified Horizons Alternative School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horizons Alternative School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top