Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)

This is a safe place to share your honest opinions of a school, whether good or bad. Learn more.

The administration at this school is an embarrassment. The level of incompetency is monumental. The fact that the students succeed at all is due entirely to the many excellent teachers and parental involvement.

Last night I attended Winterfest at College Park HS for the first time. I was very impressed with the program that the students and teachers of the Visual and Performing Arts Department prepared. There were a variety of student works to view - glass, ceramics, photography, painting and bead work. I especially enjoyed the holiday performances by the choir, dance students, drama students and jazz musicians. The Video Production class was busy capturing the event on camera. It was clear that all the students were excited to show off their talents to their parents and peers. They worked very hard to make the evening a success. Our school and community should be very proud of what these young people have accomplished. I'm grateful for the dedication of the Visual and Performing Art teachers that inspire our kids to work hard and express themselves through their art.

This school is awful!! I've had 3 kids go through here and it was down hill from the beginning. 2 of the kids were straight A students but once ine had a problem, nobody cared.. I called the principal, counselor a, etc,.. Nobody bothered to call. Me back and it was obvious they didn't care at all. There are sip one good teachers and so e that really couldn't care less. Unfortunately there is a lot if drugs at that school and there has been some pretty bad violence. My opinion would be STAY AWAY FROM THE MT. DIABLO SCGOOL DISTRICT if at all possible. The only decent mt diablo high school is Bpnorthgate and it's very hard to get an intradistrict transfer (I tried). I had to take my kids out if there and put in private school, which we really don't have the money for but I could stand to have my kids there for one more minute by an administration that us rude, NEVER returns phone calks abpnd couldn't care less nap out your child.my advice- move to a decent neighborhood so your child could get the attention and preparation they need to make it in college, or go the private school route. Seriously!! If I could give this school a zero, I would!!! Horrible school!!

I've only been going to College Park for a week now and I already love the school! Not only do the teachers care, but the electives they offer are more than I've ever seen! The lunch is amazing, the classes are fun, funny, and a great learning experience. The administrators help out the best they can, and overall, it's a very welcoming High School! Of course you have some teachers here and there that really push us to do our best, but I wouldn't ask for any less. I am so happy I go to this school and I can't wait for the years to come!

College Park offers all the opportunities a young adult needs to be successful. The student just has to follow the right path, my daughter is going to be a Senior next year and proudly has a 4.5 GPA. She mapped out her path beginning in Freshman Year and utilized the very helpful Career Center on a regular basis. It is up to the student, not the parent or the teachers to follow their dreams and know what it takes to make them a reality.

College Park is the most underrated school in the area. Its broad selection of classes, strong visual and performing arts programs, competitive athletics, and accepting culture make it a place where all students can succeed. The challenges that CP faces seem to somewhat stem from lack of sufficient funds, which cause a definite drain on teacher and staff morale. There just doesn't seem to be quite enough adult support on this large of a campus. If teachers had a bit more manageable class sizes and financial resources, if the office was sufficiently staffed, if guidance counselors were hired, and if the college and career office had just a little more help, the school would be perfect. Yet still, I cannot overstate how well the school runs as most everyone there pulls together amidst district chaos at times. I have two kids who've recently graduated and are studying engineering/science at premier universities. CP prepared them well - academically most well in math.

Love this high school. Teachers and admin take on lot with teens but there is a long history of school pride between everyone.

Don't believe the hype about this school. Although the parent participation is great and they have some really caring teachers, it is offset by a horrible administration and a disrespectful student body that makes it impossible for others to learn. If I had it to do over I would never send my child here.

Last modified College Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.