Pleasant Hill Middle School 4

Posted August 07, 2014
I give it 4 and a half stars because of the bullying. There are quite a few bullies in the school, and sometimes the school doesn't do anything about it, except for give the bullies lunch detentions, and tell them not to do it again. Its pretty much like a two year old did it. Thats the only thing that i'm disappointed about. But, GO RAMS!

Posted July 27, 2014
GO RAMS! PLEASANT HILL MIDDLE SCHOOL PRIDE!! SHOW OFF YOUR HORNS LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SHOWN THEM OFF BEFORE!!!

Posted June 16, 2013
P.H.M.S is a great school. My daughter was transfered here and spent 8th grade here. The principal, Mrs McCormick is very understanding and Stacy the attendance lady is helpful as well. This is a wonderful school with a comfortable atmosphere and my daughter did have issues at other schools until this one came along. She developed into a mature and popular student with good grades. Thanks P>H>M>S

Posted March 25, 2013
I love this school! The classes are good even thought there are some bad people the school will take care of it. The P.E. program is the best P.E. program that i have ever been in, all the sports are fun! This school focuses on your education.

Pleasant Hill Middle School 1

Posted September 20, 2012
Pleasant Hill middle school needs to hire more security to monitor the safty of the children, Bullying and intimidation is becoming a daily problem and children who could just walk home now have to be picked up by a parent.

Posted August 22, 2012
We are recent transplants from the Saranap area in Walnut Creek and purchased a home in Pleasant Hill last year. My kids are former students at Parkmead Elementary. Admittedly, I disappointed when I wasn't able to keep my kids in the WCSD; as there was no point since WC high schools do not accept transfers. I was pleasantly surprised with my children's school year at both PHMS and PHE. Both schools have a great amount of parent involvement and fund raise a lot of money for each school. My daughter's 6th grade teachers were excellent and extremely communicative, especially since my daughter was out sick a lot during the school year. She was still able to maintain a 4.0 the entire year and I believe that is largely due to parent/teacher communication. The administration is really good about keeping the 6th graders separated (for the most part) from the 7th and 8th graders, as well as keeping dress code violators in check. I believe the principal is going on her 2nd year 2012-2013 and though there seems to be a high turnover in the principal department, I know there is also a high turnover of principals in the WCSD district as well...

Pleasant Hill Middle School 1

Posted December 07, 2010
I am a student, and this school is very unsatisfactory. For a student to say this school is bad, just tells you how bad this school is. The teachers expect nothing of you, and definitely don't mind if you "cuss" in class. They don't teach much (NO english) and easy A's are more than very common. The staff at this school don't care about any complaints and don't take care of them, and don't even try to. But, like most schools there are some decent teachers. Overall, the reason why this school is getting good reviews is because it doesn't challenge you AT ALL, and is an easy, and un-educational journey. I encourage whoever reads this, to look at private schools because if you attend this school, you are missing out on a great education. Thanks! Hope this helped! PS---The school honors perfect attendance, and not an all year 4.0 at the honors assembly....craziness....I am glad I only attended this school for one year!

Posted January 30, 2010
Parents are saying that the teachers didn't help their child when they broke their arm or leg or whatever. I'm a student at the school and it's not the teachers fault the student broke a bone, my friend broke her arm yet she was able to do all her work and still get an A. Moving away from that, the teachers are amazing. If you listen in class and stay on track of your homework you will be a straight A student. They even have geometry and AIMS for excelling students or students that still need some help. I don't know why parents and students are saying that this school is horrible. It's very diverse ( I'm african-american) and when new students come, they welcome them with and open hand. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!!

Pleasant Hill Middle School 4

Posted December 11, 2009

Posted November 05, 2009
I love this school. Right now I am in 6th grade and I only have one teacher I don't like. Everything is fun while challenging. Th P.E. program is great. my speed has improved 10%. I have also met lots of new friends. It also dosen't have weird schedules where you have 5 classes one day and 7 in another.

Pleasant Hill Middle School
1 Santa Barbara Road, Pleasant Hill, CA  94503
Last modified Pleasant Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Hill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top