Pleasant Hill, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 10, 2014
I love this school they have great teachers and faculty, and the students are very nice I am extremely sad to leave.

Posted September 26, 2013
I have a second grader that transferred in first grade to Sequoia. It wasn't an easy transition for him but the principal and staff helped my son feel like he belonged. They were caring, and loving to my son. They took the time to help, I didn't feel alone. The teachers are awesome and friendly. As well as yard duties, cafeteria staff and janitor. The parent participation is fantastic. Sequoia is our 2nd home, anyone who has a child at this school is very lucky!!

Posted May 31, 2013
Our experience with Sequoia has been very positive. The Principal communicates regularly on important issues and upcoming events. He strives to make the school the best it can be academically, in addition to making the school atmosphere a nice place to learn for the students. I feel what makes this school special is the incredible amount of parent involvement!! Only down side is the office staff...not exactly warm and fuzzy. Overall, we are very grateful to be at this school.

Posted April 18, 2012
So blessed to have my son (second grader) in Sequoia. If my son is happy, we are happy & that's what matters over everything!

Sequoia Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2012
If this school is so great, why is there 2 third grade teachers in program improvement? They need to go. They are pulling down this pristine school. Parents complain almost every day about them and nothing is done. And this has been going on for years. Once this school gets rid of them, the test scores can continue to climb. If the principal is so great, let's see him finally get rid of the baggage who has plagued the school for too long.

Sequoia Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2012
I agree with parts of the last 2 posts. There is huge parent involvement, but what comes with that are parents who think they run the show, not the teachers or administration. I also believe there is way too much efforts being placed on the kids to "test" well and not enough efforts to challenge the kids to be critical thinkers and well rounded human beings. Yes, the test scores are the highest in the district, but at what cost? There has to be a better balance, and unfortunately it isn't here. There are many who come here thinking it is a great school, and leave after just a partial year (or a single year) because their kids can't keep up with the frequency of tests and the demands of achieving perfection.

Sequoia Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2012
I am not sure what to think of this school. There is a major power play going on between teachers, principal (new) and parents. No one is working in unison. Everyone appears to be working for themselves, which is sad because a school of this caliber should be so much more. There seems to be an exaggerated empasis on api scores. My children transferred this year from another district school and the atmosphere is completely different (and not in a good way). Everyone is about one upping the other--no community to speak of. Almost the feeling you would expect in a more affluent community. So sad. I'll take the lower performing school with heart and soul any day.

Posted February 19, 2012
Two of my children attend this school and we love it. The teachers we've had are dedicated professionals and the new principal is clearly committed to the kids and ready and willing to help in the classroom whenever asked (I've seen this first hand). Our district has cut so may programs in recent years and we are fortunate to have a wonderful community of parents that spend their time providing programs such as assistance in the library, running the PE program, running the after school program, volunteering in the classroom, running the art appreciation program. Any time there is a need, you will see a parent willing to fill it. We are lucky to have such a wonderful community, despite the fact that we come from all over the district. Sequoia is a gem and I am thankful to be part of it.

Posted September 30, 2011
I am totally impressed by this school and it's committed teachers and parents. The principal is new, but so far, so good. The school is well-organized and a joy to participate in. We look forward to many more years here~

Posted January 22, 2011
Sequoia is a wonderful school, with a little extra focus on academics than your average public school. Parent involvement is amazing at this gem of a school. We have amazing teachers that are dedicated to their students and to the school. The principle and office staff could be a little nicer and more helpful, but that doesn't take away from how great the school is overall. Can't imagine sending my children anywhere else!

Sequoia Elementary School
277 Boyd Road, Pleasant Hill, CA  94523
Last modified Sequoia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top