Posted May 12, 2014
Next month our daughter will finish 5th grade at this school. She will join her two brothers as having gone K-5 at this incredible school over the past 10 years! From 2004 until now, our kids received such an incredible experience and education. The principal, Mrs. Kim, is awesome, and a treasure to the school. The vast majority of the teachers that my 3 kids had throughout K-5 were great. The parent community is unmatched. Our boys went on to thrive at PHMS, and one is now at College Park HS, and doing great as a freshman. I could not have asked for a better elementary school experience for my 3 children. My wife, who volunteered teaching FAME, Nutcracker, serving on PTA, and endless other activities would probably agree that Strandwood provided a network of friends and a community for our family.

Posted August 12, 2013
good and safe school good teachers and good activities i give a good review of this school

Posted October 09, 2012
I was so blessed to have one of my sons at this great on wonderful school for 2 years and my other son for 1 year. It was the best school experience they and I have had ever. Ms schuster is the best 2nd grade teacher ever she brought my 2nd grader from almost getting held back in 1st grade to him super excelling during the whole year, and at the end of the year he ended up with 16 A's. Ms Kim has got to be the bestest principle ever. Just love this school so much and wish my boys could have continued to go there

Posted September 06, 2012
Great school, excellent teachers and prinicipal. Excellent parent involvement and a great sense of community.

Posted December 17, 2011
Our child is highly engaged at Strandwood. It is a wonderful school. The parental community is so involved in the school that there are often excessive numbers of parent volunteers for class events and field trips. The PTA does a great job of proving financial support for things like student aides and the FAME program, which is a program in which the children learn about to fine art and classical music. The yearly Nutcracker performance is an invaluable experience for the children--it provides them with vast enrichment, supports confidence-building and is a lot of fun. The principal, Mrs. Kim, has incredible energy and is always seen running around campus. She is highly engaged in her job and it is obvious that she knows what is going on in every single class. She is amazing. I feel fortunate that my child is having such a great experience and is developing a love of learning and reading at Strandwood.

Posted May 04, 2010
Our principal Mrs. Kim is so in touch with the students. She knows everyone by name, and treats everyone with kindness and respect. The staff and teachers get down to business. They always keep us as parents informed about anything and everything.. the small things my child does that impact others and himself, how I can help him at home so that he can have more confidence in the classroom.. the parents I've come to know make our district a friendly and active community. I feel like my child gets so much attention, and I know the teachers care about him even after they go home for the day.

Posted April 18, 2010
A great atmosphere with an overwelming amount of parent involvement. The pricipal and teachers are very hands on and knowledgable.

Posted April 16, 2010
Great teachers, support staff & an involved parent community all working together towards the goal of educating our children in the best way possible.

Posted October 20, 2009
I love Strandwood because the principal is fabulous, the teachers are wonderful, the parents great! It is a school with great community!!

Posted March 08, 2009
An involved and talented principal, dedicated and creative teachers, a vast majority of parents that choose to prioritize their children's education and create a welcoming community make this a school of which we are proud and in which we are fully invested.

Strandwood Elementary School
416 Gladys Drive, Pleasant Hill, CA  94523
Last modified Strandwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Strandwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top