Valley View Middle School 1

Posted September 02, 2014
School has gone away down hill - especially since Glenbroik closed and they ship those kids to Valley View, which has gone downhill quickly. Some 6th grade teachers are awesome, but the kids are a bad influence on good kids who are there for a decent education. Try sequoia middle (if you can get in, which is hard). I tried for 2 years to get an tetra district transfer for my kid to sequoia but it was denied, even though my kid had literally a 4.0 GPA and her test scores were through the roof. Awful school, awful kids who are a bad influence on the good kids. Move to a better school district or go the private school route. Schools in this area -especially the MDUSD- have gone WAY DOWNHILL. They are horrid and would never subject my kid to either Valley a View or College Park. They are in private school now which is a huge financial burden but at least they are safe and learning what they need to and getting the education ALL kids deserve but aren't getting in this district! Horrible school!!!!

Posted July 17, 2013
This school was a good fit for my daughter and I am looking forward to my son attending Valley View in a few years. My daughter was well educated and enjoyed her three years here.

Posted June 28, 2013
Valley Veiw is a great school my daughter and son go there. I was really worried about the rates like most parents but Valley View is just like any middle school. I prefer Valley View because every child is treated the same and it is a no tolerance school. There is always someone on guard duty parents there is nothing to be worried about

Valley View Middle School 1

Posted June 16, 2013
The bullying in this school is horrible and nothing is done about it. My daughter is a beautiful and popular girl and was bullied so bad I had to transfer her to another school. I hope the school comes up with more programs on how to stop bullying.

Posted June 13, 2013
This school is ok re core subjects such as reading, writing, and math, and absolutely outstanding regarding music. Students in band classes (cadet, symphonic, jazz, and orchestra) excel due to the superior tutelage of Nicholas Cooper, the strong support of the administration (principal Ean Ainsworth) & increasing help from impressed parents. This remarkable program is two years old and growing rapidly. If you want to see your child expand his/her horizons in music appreciation and skills, discipline, and teamwork, then get your child in VVMS band.

Posted May 25, 2013
i a entering this school in a few months it seems like a great school

Posted May 12, 2013
This is an excellent school. My son is finishing 8th grade and had a great time. Teachers and admins gave a great support to him and result is one successful young man graduating with honors. Mr. Ainsworth has almost no support from school district, but still he managed to bring geometry to 8th grade. When my son started 6th grede 3 years ago, advanced students had to go to College Park High School if they wanted to learn geometry. Ms. Palechek is always informed what is going on in school and if students have any problems. She is always behind our children to give them 100% support. Teachers are always supportive with students and their patience with our children is impressive. If there is anybody in doubt should their child go to their Valley View or Foothill, I would strongly recumbent Valley View.

Posted February 15, 2013
I go to this school and I wouldn't have wanted any other! The teachers are great, the kids are nice, and I feel they're very welcoming! I love this school and you should too.

Posted October 22, 2010
My son is in his second year at Valley View and we're very happy with the school. The teachers are very supportive and go out of their way to help the students. I don't know where they find the time. Although the principal is new this year, he seems great as well. As with many public schools in middle class neighborhoods, they're struggling with very little money, but they do a lot with what they have.

Valley View Middle School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Great school all around. Super teacher involvement, awesome music program and good principal leadership. Very happy to be in this school!

Valley View Middle School
181 Viking Drive, Pleasant Hill, CA  94523
Last modified Valley View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top