Pleasant Hill, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 18, 2014
IM A INTERNATIONAL STUDENT GO TO PHAA.This school has too much problem,On the Brochure ,it says include 3 meals every day,but the family didn t do it because they complain school didn t give them enough money every month.and some host family is really far away from school (about 1 and half hour)And theres rumor says that if there is no international student come,the school would be already shut down.the teacher ,the staff,(specially the lady in charge of international student )is really mean to international student.if a international student made the same mistake as american student, they would just blame international student instead of american student.basically all of those international student they just came for 1 year,then found out is not a good school,and then they transfer.All the schools activity is mandatory .they don t give you the choice of anything.the PE teacher is ridiculous, he get mad if you ask him a question,everyone can tell he s not actually teaching us.we pay 40 thousands dollar for 10 month can go to much better school than this one(for american is only around 8000 a year).and there is still lot of problem of this school.Don't send your kid to this school

Posted April 16, 2014
TOTALLY OVER RATE. The reason this school has high rating cuz they're all 7day adventist. every students i know in school mostly don't even wanna be here, so please don't send ur kids here.There's a lot of good Christian and adventist school out there,but not this one

Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy 4

Posted April 11, 2013
I went to this school from eight grade to twelfth grade. I hated half of the time I was there, but was ok with the other half of the time I was there. At the time, I hated the school was that I was treated by many students as an outcast for not growing up there. But now that I look back, there were good things about the school. The teachers were great, and I learned a lot about God. Students get a lot of homework, and it is all usually due the next day. The teachers truly care about your performance in school. There are people of different religious viewpoints there. The school encourages vegetarianism. Tuition is expensive. The teachers are strict on attendance and participation. There is a parking lot for junior and senior high school students that drive. The school goes up from kindergarten to high school. They have day care. The locker rooms are decent, but I wouldn't use the showers. The food is ok. Every Friday, there are meetings in the chapel, which are fun. Parents care about helping their kids. There are many school functions, but sadly, the music program has been cut back. All of the teachers know their material well, but some can't explain their material.

Posted April 23, 2010
This is a great Christian school. The most important thing to me about a school is what kind of teachers are there, so when we started at PHAA with my first child 3 years ago, I was happy to see how dedicated the teachers are at this school. They are very caring, knowledgeable individuals who bring their own style into the classroom. The teacher to student ratio in my children's classes are low and there is a strong emphasis on Christian living. There is a good, affordable after school care program and a vegetarian hot lunch offered daily. We enjoy the diversity of the families who come from all over the Bay Area to have their children attend this school. We are very thankful for such a wonderful school!

Posted April 11, 2010
It is a wonderful Christian k-12 school. I enjoy the low teacher to student ratio. They have a great sense of mission to the immediate community of parents and also to the local community surrounding them.

Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy 0

Posted April 10, 2010
I have two children that attend Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy, a 5th grader and a 1st grader. Over the past six years I have truly come to appreciate the teachers to the entire staff at PHAA. Their dedication and commitment to each and every child, academically, socially and most important, spiritually has help my spouse and I know that while we are both at work, our children are getting the most out or their educational experience. The small class sizes, typically 15-20 students per teacher, the after sports programs are strong emphasis in music has really created an environment for our children to excel. If you are looking for a Christian school for your child to attend, I would highly recommend that you visit Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy.

Posted December 11, 2009

Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy 3

Posted April 01, 2008

Posted August 27, 2006
My children attended PHAA for the 05-06 school year and it was wonderful. The environment is very much God centered. My kindergartener had a patient and fun-loving teacher. The teachers were open and honest reguarding the growth of my children academically, physically and emotionally. All parents are encouraged to visit their children in their class whenever you pleased. In turn, I met many parents with the same interests as myself, to be highly involved with the school.

Posted August 03, 2005
First of all I would like to say I am a proud student at what is now pleasant hill adventist academy! This school is a great school! Everyone learns to adapt and love the school and the people in it! Everyone at the end of the school year always had a wonderful relationship with others. The sports teams here at phaa are great. If your looking for that kind of funn come to this school! great team work, and lots of fun! Music is like wise! Our school is knowen to sing all over! Parents get really involved too! They usually help out here and there and get to know that there child is safe and in great hands, getting a great educations and the child is having fun & learning! The teachers are great too! Come and see! Its great here! You'll love it! Please come!

Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy
796 Grayson Road, Pleasant Hill, CA  94523
Last modified Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top