Posted July 31, 2013
Hearst is an absolutely amazing school. We had our children in private school in Concord before moving to Pleasanton, and I'm happy to say that we are much happier with Hearst than we were with a school that we had to spend thousands to attend. Mr. Kuhfal is absolutely amazing, and knew all of my kids' names within 3 weeks of the school year beginning. The children are expected to be polite and courteous to others, and are challenged in the classroom. I am especially impressed with the playground rules that are designed to leave no child friendless. It made for a very easy transition for my kids! Academically, the school is obviously top notch as the scores indicate. It's all the extras that surprised me. I feel like we won the lottery with this school.

Posted February 01, 2013
Excellent School. The techers are very hands-ons making sure everyone is attended to/cared for. We are very happy with the school. PTA is very strong and active. Well rounded Curriculum.

Posted November 13, 2011
Excellent school and committed principal. My children adore the principal and they came from a school where the principal didnt even know their names. The PTA works hard to keep our school above average despite the state funding challenges. Great school with for the most part committed teachers and committed parents.

Phoebe Apperson Hearst Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2011
This is a great school, with dedicated principal and teachers. But, some of the tenured teachers who have been there for a long time, are too laid back and don't challenge the students adequately. I wish there was a way to give the principal and the board feedback in terms of an year end evaluation of the class teacher.

Phoebe Apperson Hearst Elementary School 3

Posted September 15, 2010
This is our first year at Hearst and we are extremely impressed by the leadership of Principal Kufhal. He is a great administrator and caring towards all the students. The teaching staff is great also. The only downside of this school is the parents and students are not as friendly to the new families or students. I don't feel there is a sense of community at this school.

Posted March 20, 2009
This is a great school. I have 2 kids enrolled there and they both love it. This school is well balanced on all levels. They have great school spirit, enthusiastic parents and great staff at the school.

Posted September 05, 2007
Our family moved here 4 years ago. Initially, I was worried about how our children would adjust, but the transition period was minimal. Each of them are very happy that we moved here, and each is doing very well both academically and socially. I credit the success of the school to a number of factors: Mr. Kuhfal is a tremendous administrator, the teachers and staff are extremely dedicated, and there is very high parental participation & enthusiasm.

Posted September 03, 2007

Posted April 06, 2007
When I moved here I had no transportation and I could not get my daughter to school making me have to home school. The staff at Hearst as well as the District worked so hard to get her into the school. Within three weeks she was enrolled at Hearst. Making it easy as we just live right across the street. Thank you Hearst!

Phoebe Apperson Hearst Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2005

Phoebe Apperson Hearst Elementary School
5301 Case Avenue, Pleasanton, CA  94566
Last modified Phoebe Apperson Hearst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phoebe Apperson Hearst Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top