Alisal Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 649 students

Sweep tile

Posted January 14, 2014

As the teacher seldom gave the information of what happened in the classroom. It is a little bit hard to tell if the school did good or not. However, according to the info I gathered from other parents, their work makes no output at all on such issue.

Posted December 29, 2008

We moved to Pleasanton couple years ago. Our both boys are/were (the older one moved this year to middle school) in Alisal. We are very happy with the school. Being involve in school made us feel very quickly a part of a community. The principal and teachers seems to know names of all the students which is pretty amazing! They are very caring and involved. Parent involvement and the level of education here is very good comparing to the schools we had an experience with before and to what we hear from parents from other schools in Bay area.

Posted December 26, 2013

We are not happy with this school. The principal and the teachers are full of bias and prejudice. They even canceled all the field trips only because one of the teacher don't like them. None of the principal or the teachers know how to treat the students equally no matter what the race is. It is really unbelievable there are still such a school in California which still encourages racism in nowadays. I think the government really should think it over about their public school policy.

Posted May 16, 2013

Awesome school. Balanced - Not very demanding at the same time, not laid back. I meet the parents of some other supposedly "top" schools in the same district and they tell horror stories about theirs. I feel my daughter is getting developed in an all round manner. Love it!

Posted July 21, 2012

My son went to Third grade last school year..I love everything about the school, except only one thing i.e they charge you more for class supplies compared to other Pleasanton schools..Most of the schools charge about $45 but Alisal charges between $65-75 per student, which I find to be very high..

Posted April 23, 2012

Very high quality method of teaching. Basic skills being taught in Math, Science and English. Most students are smart and hardworking. I think the success of this school is due to parent participation in school activities and another factor is the high level of education of the parents. The amount of excitement i see t my daughter to go to school is speechless.

Posted February 16, 2011

This is a really great school. The principal, teachers and support staff are incredible. They are very caring and concerned for the kids. Its a nice community to be a part of. My older child attended another school in Pleasanton which we also loved but there is something special about Alisal.

Posted November 9, 2010

My child moved here this year after two horrible years in a charter school. I could not be happier about the care her teacher takes in providing individualized attention and true care for the students and their learning. The parent community is supportive and engaged in providing extra resources as the district and state are taking them away. The principal is incredibly present and welcoming. I could not be happier that we were "overflowed" to this school, and do not intend to leave.

Posted September 8, 2010

This is an excellent school. My son attended this school for a year in 2009-2010 and he learned a lot academically and socially. The teacher Mrs Weeks is really a wonderful teacher, and the principal and the staff were all very caring and dedicated. Since my attendance area is in Walnut Grove, we just moved my son to the Grove but we missed Alisal a lot.

Posted June 9, 2010

My daughter's are been so fortunate to attend such a great school. The teacher's here are extremely talented and creative. The principal is also very good about communicating with parents and dealing with any and all issues that may arise. Parent involvement is also very good.

Posted May 18, 2010

We've been at Alisal for 5 years now, I have 3 girls attending. We are extremely happy and feel fortunate our girls can attend a school in Pleasanton and perfectly happy and satisfied with Alisal. Every year I have been impressed and very happy with the teachers my girls get. Even more important, they have always loved their teachers!

Posted March 9, 2010

We are not happy with this school at all. From the principal to the teachers there is nothing but disfunctional behavior at this school. We are definitely looking to move next year! My child deserves way better than what they have received thus far!!!

Posted September 16, 2009

I love the education my child is receiving from Alisal. This his 6th year and I've had no disapointments. Growing up in private schools I had my reservations at first, but now I am completely satisfied and I know I made the right choice.

Posted August 20, 2008

My older daughter has attended Alisal for the past two years and my younger daughter will start next week. Alisal is a wonderful school with fantastic teachers, great students, and dedicated parents. I was amazed at the reading and writing level that my daughter was at when she ended First Grade and I think this speaks to the strong curriculum and hard work of the teachers. The teachers are lead by Principal Amy Simione who I am SOO impressed with. Ms. Simione started at Alisal in the Fall of 2006 and she is wonderful with the students. She makes herself very available on campus (she s out directing the drop-off traffic every morning and greeting students by name) and it seems that the staff is well organized and in strong support of her leadership. We have been very pleased with Alisal and look forward to many more successful years there.

Posted July 15, 2008

Both my sons attend Alisal. I moved to Pleasanton based on their school district. I am very happy with the level of learning and with the dedication and suuport of the staff with my children. Not only the pricipal and teachers, but other parents willingness to help out ALL children succeed. Many resources available to children and lots of volunteering year-round. Ms. Simione is very approachable and dedicated to each child overall well-being and success. She has been working with me and my son and his teacher, and I see a spectacular and positive change in my son's attitude and behavior. She has (and the teachers) made themselves available for communication by phone and e-mail on a regular basis. My children love Alisal and their happiness is my happiness. My little one just finished Kinder eager to learn and explore, my oldest one will be entering 5th grade this fall.

Posted January 15, 2007

My oldest went through Alisal and now my youngest is attending. I have had only wonderful teachers, who support my child and make sure that if he needs additional help, he receives it. The teachers work hard to make sure that students are challenged. The teachers and staff also work together to share ideas that work and are willing to try new programs to help keep up on the latest information and learning tools. The school has a very involved PTA who also stands behind the teachers and staff 100% and who is there to help parents when needed. I highly recommend Alisal to any family interested in their child receiving the very best education in a friendly, nuturing environment.

Posted June 5, 2006

I have only one year of experience at Alisal but, it's been great so far. Teachers work together a lot and I like that. Our classroom had many parent volunteers and that made a big difference the teacher said. I do believe that in this day and age, parents really need to step it up and volunteer a whole lot more. Being a working parent is no excuse either, as many in our class were working parents who volunteered... including dads. Our class made great strides this year, above average the teacher said, in part due to volunteers and of course, involved parents. That's the bottom line!

Posted April 26, 2006

I have not been impressed with Alisal at all. The principal seems to have a control issue. My child's teacher(s) have been a joke this year.

Posted April 22, 2006

Great school, fantastic and creative teachers!

Posted November 28, 2005

Alisal is a great school with great teachers and a lot of parent involvement (sometimes too much). My child loves his teacher and it is a safe environment.

This school's

(2012)

9 / 10

4 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

9 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

4 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

105 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

105 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

All Students74%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 10%N/A54%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1454 Santa Rita Road