Pleasanton, CA

Posted August 22, 2015
We sent our kids to this school a couple years ago. Our son got in kindergarten and he was unfairly treated. They sent kids to the office and called us to pick them up. When we got there, there was no notes about why he had to be sent to the office. Office people didn't know why he was there either. They claimed that there were too many students and they were too busy. This kidergarten teacher was not suitable for kindergarteners. We left this school and my child finally is happy now.

Posted August 18, 2015
This school and the teachers have serious issue as most of them treat students based on their race. It is unfortunate that we are in the twentieth century and such treatment are still in existence in this country. We moved to Bay area a year ago and my son started his kindergarten in this school. He had minor issues with socialization with other kids and required some prompting to finish his works. His class teacher could not tolerate it at all. In all the meetings she just pointed out all the negative things about my son and I was utterly surprised that she did not bring up anything positive about my son although he was quite advanced in academics compared to his peers. This woman and the school psychologist was always after him to take him out of the classroom. The principle did not interfere at all in this given she was present in all the meetings we had. Finally, they were able to bring him out of this classroom and put him in SDC. The classroom teacher was always two-faced. When we wanted to talk to her she used to say she was busy but at the same time we found she was very nice and polite to parent of some specific skin colors. She even did not present a smile when we used to greet her while dropping our child off. On the other hand when we met with School Principal and other members she showed completely different face. She smiled at us, talked to us, and was showing compassion for our son even though we knew these were all fake. We have always seen double standards towards kids of colors in all the school events. I would never send my kid to such a disgraceful place for education. Teachers are the most influential person in someone's life. I do not want my children to idol such mean and disgraceful teacher.

Posted December 04, 2014
Alisal Elementary is fantastic. We have two children that have attended the school and both have received an excellent education. Experienced, responsive and responsible teachers, friendly staff, and a great community - Alisal has it all and delivers on the promise of educating our kids. There are lots of involved parents, a strong PTA, and quite a few extra-curricular activities to help further learning and engagement.

Posted December 27, 2013
We moved to Pleasanton couple years ago. Our both boys are/were (the older one moved this year to middle school) in Alisal. We are very happy with the school. Being involve in school made us feel very quickly a part of a community. The principal and teachers seems to know names of all the students which is pretty amazing! They are very caring and involved. Parent involvement and the level of education here is very good comparing to the schools we had an experience with before and to what we hear from parents from other schools in Bay area.

Posted December 26, 2013
We are not happy with this school. The principal and the teachers are full of bias and prejudice. They even canceled all the field trips only because one of the teacher don't like them. None of the principal or the teachers know how to treat the students equally no matter what the race is. It is really unbelievable there are still such a school in California which still encourages racism in nowadays. I think the government really should think it over about their public school policy.

Posted May 16, 2013
Awesome school. Balanced - Not very demanding at the same time, not laid back. I meet the parents of some other supposedly "top" schools in the same district and they tell horror stories about theirs. I feel my daughter is getting developed in an all round manner. Love it!

Alisal Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2012
My son went to Third grade last school year..I love everything about the school, except only one thing i.e they charge you more for class supplies compared to other Pleasanton schools..Most of the schools charge about $45 but Alisal charges between $65-75 per student, which I find to be very high..

Posted April 23, 2012
Very high quality method of teaching. Basic skills being taught in Math, Science and English. Most students are smart and hardworking. I think the success of this school is due to parent participation in school activities and another factor is the high level of education of the parents. The amount of excitement i see t my daughter to go to school is speechless.

Posted February 16, 2011
This is a really great school. The principal, teachers and support staff are incredible. They are very caring and concerned for the kids. Its a nice community to be a part of. My older child attended another school in Pleasanton which we also loved but there is something special about Alisal.

Posted November 09, 2010
My child moved here this year after two horrible years in a charter school. I could not be happier about the care her teacher takes in providing individualized attention and true care for the students and their learning. The parent community is supportive and engaged in providing extra resources as the district and state are taking them away. The principal is incredibly present and welcoming. I could not be happier that we were "overflowed" to this school, and do not intend to leave.

Alisal Elementary School
1454 Santa Rita Road, Pleasanton, CA  94566
Last modified Alisal Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alisal Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top