Foothill High School 4

Posted November 23, 2014
As a former FHS student, I can personally say it's a good school in a safe area. At FHS, I had teachers who cared and a counselor who helped me prep for college applications. Overall, I am happy I attended Foothill.

Foothill High School 2

Posted June 18, 2014
The API is only 871? Amador's API is 897! Why?! I remember their API are almost the same.

Posted June 08, 2014
The new Principal (Krolikowski) has high integrity and does a better job than most administrators of holding both students and staff accountable, because he really seems to care about the school as a whole. He is in touch with the students and already knows many by their first name. He holds monthly Friday Forums for parents, and values collaboration and addresses problems fairly. His vision is one that will benefit students, "good" staff, and the community for many years to come. As with most Pleasanton schools, I would like to see a teacher workforce and "leadership" that better represents the diversity of the students/community. PTO is very inclusive and trustworthy - not sure if I can say that about the Athletic Boosters as they are not as transparent financially and should probably be audited once in a while. Almost too many AP classes - e.g. there should be a "general" Psychology class, not just an AP Psychology class. Don't just cater to the high achievers - that defeats the whole purpose of public education which is a right of ALL students.

Foothill High School 4

Posted November 29, 2011
I graduated from Foothill but still live in the community and have family friends and neighbors who attend the school. As with any school, you have well educated, informative teachers who care about their students and you have teachers who are only there for the paycheck. Overall, the academics greatly prepared me for college and the real world. I omitted one star based on the attitudes of the kids and how they affect the quality of teachers at the school. Two former Foothill teachers are friends and both had the same experience in recent years, causing early retirement. The kids were disrespectful and malicious. Not all students are this way, but it is not a coincidence that two high-quality teachers had the same experience. Even in my time at the school, the kids were incredibly under-disciplined; they would get away with everything. The school itself has little impact on this (although disciplinary measures could be stricter); it is more a reflection of the community. I agree 100% with the description of the cliquish nature of this school. If you're not "keeping up with the Joneses," you tend to be outcast from those "popular groups" of kids in the school.

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted November 13, 2009
Great school, teachers are fantastic, students are nice and friendly, A+

Foothill High School 2

Posted October 18, 2009
As a current student at FHS, I can say that the academics are good, the teachers are good, the range of classes are good, but the atmosphere is just like a classic teen movie. There are clicks and the people tend to be very unfriendly. It is not a school that is welcoming to new students. If I could choose what high school in Pleasanton I wanted to go to all over again, I would have chosen Amador Valley. At least they have character.

Foothill High School 0

Posted May 18, 2009
My daughter is a Junior at Foothill High School and will graduate next year, 2010. I wanted to add comment about Mr. Lipman who teaches AP History to Juniors and he is an awesome teacher who has taken his personal time to help the kids prepare with their AP exam. He has review sessions before School on Wednesdays and some days after School. We are happy with the education at this school, my son will go to this School when he starts High school.

Foothill High School 3

Posted May 15, 2009

Foothill High School
4375 Foothill Road, Pleasanton, CA  94588
Last modified Foothill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top