Pleasanton Middle School 2

Posted August 05, 2014
I was a student a Pleasanton Middle School for 1 year, my 6th grade year. I was in the laptop program and I can safely say that now I am still 1 year behind in science. They barely had any supervision over computer games, so much so that my friends and I were able to play Minecraft for almost all of our laptop classes. I almost got kicked in the chest during passing period and the principal I talked to basically said that he couldn't do anything about it besides put more supervision in the area. On the bright side, I had a great year in math (course 1) in the "flipped" classroom and I can say that I am positive that Math is the best thing.

Pleasanton Middle School 2

Posted June 08, 2014
For all my 3 years at Pleasanton Middle School, I am glad to say I am finally getting out of here. The teachers for the most part are mediocre especially all the math teachers I had the misfortune to have. The lunches that are served are often very soggy and greasy and for the most part, unhealthy. I didn't struggle with grades even with poor teachers, because I understand the materials (mostly thanks to the textbooks and Internet) but for someone who struggles, the teachers are not at all willing to help out. The counselors and secretaries are moody and I tried to change something in my schedule and I was received with a resounding groan each time. Unless parents are involved, the activities are unorganized and poorly managed. I took Spanish 1 and I was lucky enough to have a good teacher but I know that all my other friends who had the other teacher did not learn any Spanish because the teacher was too busy with her other classes. The years of middle school are messy and very unorganized in this particular school.

Pleasanton Middle School 3

Posted January 27, 2014
Good teachers and stuff, but the yard duty people at lunch, especially the dude, all have their own "cliques" that they let getaway with everything. For example, when I go to stand in the lunch line, a HUGE group of guys cuts the line and the dude yard duty doesn't even care! He just talks to them about sports and lets them do whatever including pushing the people around them! Not to mention when the guys were making rude remarks to me, he just laughed! Honestly, I wish you would fire that guy or something because he doesn't do his job! I have to go into the counseling office every week because of the damage those guys have left when he was looking. Please either train them on how to be helpful when another person is being bullied or don't have them at all.

Pleasanton Middle School 1

Posted August 24, 2010
At registration I was treated badly by people working there as a low income mom. We got a loaner laptop from PMS, but it was old and we had to keep turning it in to the office to be repaired. It also could not use some of the programs that the teachers required. The teachers, when we could even get one to listen, didn't care to hear about it or to give us options. I completely agree with the April 13, 2010 reviewer. The teachers were the worst. Horrible attitudes. This was a confusing, chaotic experience.Zero organization.My kid went from happy As, to upset Ds & Fs.We're going to Hart.

Pleasanton Middle School 1

Posted April 13, 2010
If your child needs any sort of help, forget it. I can count the good teachers my son had in 3 years on one hand with fingers to spare. They have a math teacher whose reputation is soo bad the high school math teachers know they will have to spend extra time with your child to teach them the things that should have been taught in PMS. Most of the teachers are just putting in their time and going through the motions. Half of them don't have a clue what's going on in their classroom. I lost count of how many times homework checked off by the teacher as completed would then show as missing on the progress report (make sure your child hangs on to their homework so they won't have to re-do it for partial credit)

Posted January 26, 2010

Posted April 01, 2009
PMS has extraordinary teachers, administrators and staff. The staff really cares about each student. Distinguished and blue ribbon school that really deserves the recognition!

Posted March 02, 2009
PMS is awesome!!!!! There are many clubs, the food is great, and the teachers are the best in the world. Some can be pretty strict but overall their really nice. This has just been my first year but I really love PMS

Posted January 10, 2009
I was surprised about this school. This is my first year at PMS. My first year at middle school, actually. All of my teachers are great. They are nice, but strict. It was tougher than I anticipated, so I didn't work too hard. When my first grade update came along, I had a C. I talked to my teacher and she gave me some advice. And it worked. I'm a straight A student now. The food is awesome, the staff are awesome (especially Mr. Whitney). The clubs are awesome. And the laptop program is awesome! The laptop program is really worth it.

Pleasanton Middle School 4

Posted November 18, 2008
Overall Good school. Although I think that they need to look on both sides of the rope with the whole Biology thing. As a Christian Student, I have my own Beliefs and feel they need to be respected. The Politically correct History and Biology and what not needs to be viewed with both perspectives. Other than that it is a fine school, Awesome food, Good teachers... The lunch lines need work.

Pleasanton Middle School
5001 Case Avenue, Pleasanton, CA  94566
Last modified Pleasanton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasanton Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top