Pleasanton, CA

Posted February 13, 2014
I'm really please with how involved our second grader's teacher, Mrs. Johnston, is with everyone in school. We recently moved here and she was very warm in welcome us. I especially appreciate how she proactively communicates with us and involves us as our son adjusts to his new environment (we recently moved from SoCal).

Valley View Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2013
My daughter went to Valley View for 4 years. The leadership at the school was horrible. When problems arose, the principal was slow to resolve them. Other parents had the same complaint. unfortunately. The discipline in the school...awful. I cannot count the number of times my child came home complaining about the teachers inability to control the class. I always followed up with an observation- and was surprised at the number of disruptions to instruction. The office secretary has good days and bad days and you always knew when you walked in which one she was having. This is not the cream of the crop of the Pleasanton Schools. Enroll elsewhere.

Valley View Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
Great immersion program, teachers are very well prepare, and approachable,caring and my kids are very happy.

Valley View Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2013
OK, the EI program is great. Agreed. The school overall? It astounds me that no one seems to be aware that the schools performance is so low that it is designated as "Needs Improvement". The staff? I have observed impatience, raised voices and lack of respect towards students. Is it a big surprise I observe the students being disrespectful to subs and adults? The leadership always strikes me as disinterested, lethargic and in need of a nap. Many parents are unhappy with this school- the parents who have high standards and have been to good schools themselves through good fortune. Don't send your child here unless the DI program is suitable for your child. There are better schools in Ptown. This school is awful- we just hoped that it would get better and it never did. The best teacher- Mrs. Day left for greener pastures for good reason.

Posted October 29, 2012
Valley View is a wonderfully unique school. There are Dual Immersion and English-only programs, and yet the school community is very cohesive. There a many events where the children have opportunities to learn from different cultures. There is a Multi-cultural Fair each year that is very well attended. The school facility is 50 years old and to celebrate this milestone, the school had a large charity event, and the school and community have upgraded the school with many new trees, flower beds, art walls throughout the school and a new area in front of the school with tables, umbrellas, benches, and information boards. The Principal, Mr. Cruz is extremely caring and approachable. I can't say enough positive things about him. Focus on the love of learning, honesty, respect and integrity, are modeled by an incredible group of educators. The standards are high, as well as the teacher's support in students achieving these standards. Parent/teacher interaction is at an extremely high level. Every person at VV, from the principal through the custodial staff are involved in the educational experience. My daughter started in 1st grade, is now in 4th grade we both love her school.

Valley View Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2011
I have seen much better than valley view, especially in Pleasanton. Most of the teachers are wonderful but some are just not patient at all. I have walked past Mrs Gunn's class room to hear her actually screaming at the children 3 separate times, it was horrifying behavior for a teacher. Principal Cruz in very inexperienced but he cares about the kids and stands by his teachers. Rosemary runs the office and is absolutely amazing. The parking is a complete nightmare. The parking lot is tiny and over crowded and a complete mess during drop off and pick up times. You are better off parking 3 blocks away and walking than waiting for 40 minutes in traffic.The staff directing traffic are incredibly rude to the children and parents, but I cant say I blame them. With the parking lot the way it is that would be the worst job in the school. Over all, with so many great schools in Pleasanton this one disappointing. Im giving it two stars for that reason, because in Pleasanton you have your pick of some of the best schools in the Bay, and compared to others it is below average.

Posted October 12, 2010
The school, although with limited budget, is always going the extra mile to make learning fun

Posted October 12, 2010
It has a fantastic dual immersion program as well as just being a wonderful caring place.

Posted October 12, 2010
Offers great dual immersion program.

Posted September 23, 2009
We are a California Distinguished School that has also won the CABE Seal of Excellence for a Dual immersion Program. The dedicated and professional staff rocks!

Valley View Elementary School
480 Adams Way, Pleasanton, CA  94566
Last modified Valley View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top