Pleasanton, CA

Village High School 5

Posted August 16, 2009
Excellent Faculty, truly nuturing. My son was in an academic/social tailsin as well. The great teachers and administrative staff was wonderfully supportive. Although he didn't like the caliber of his classmates, it served as motivation for my son to complete his assignments and seek extra, independent study to complete graduation requirements ahead of schedule. Ironically, although he wasn't fond of the bavior of some of his classmates, there was a sense of belonging and camradarie within this school due to, in my opinion, the smaller class size and the dedicated staff. I am also baffled by the low rating of this continuation school within the Pleasanton Unified School District.

Village High School 4

Posted July 14, 2008
I worked as a substitute aide at this school for 9 weeks. All the teachers are excellent and caring with the goal to help the kids finish well. I saw struggling kids come in with attitudes and while there I saw ones leave with a hope & a renewed interest in their future. I don't know how the rating got so low but it doesn't represent this school at all. The kids that attend there need an extra touch and firm boundaries which they get at that school.

Village High School 4

Posted July 13, 2007
As a continuation school, I would rank Village much higher than the 5/10 ranking. The vast majority of the teachers are clearly dedicated, often passing up the opportunity to work at the mainstream district schools. I give Village full marks for pulling my daughter out of an academic/social tailspin and giving her the tools she needed to succeed in her adult life.

Village High School 5

Posted March 22, 2005
Warm and compassionate school, fantastic, supportive staff, Principal Dianne runs a tight ship, but truly cares for the kids (and they know it). Kids who fall thru the cracks find self esteem and success at this school. Teachers and staff go by first name basis. They really encourage and identify with their students, and the students love them. This school performs miracles! I wish I'd enrolled my son here sooner.

Village High School