Vintage Hills Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2014
My daughter was placed in a first grade class with a teacher they brought in from Kindergarten. The teacher was unorganized, forgetful, and the workload was pitiful to say the least. No homework at all after Christmas?! Spelling tests? Class presentations? Book Reports? She did none of it! Luckily my daughter came from a great school before Vintage Hills and she was well prepared to learn on her own, plus I worked with her outside of class. I was hoping my daughter would get a great 2nd grade teacher but to my dismay...she is getting a new teacher to Vintage hIlls. So in about 6 months to a year..that teacher will be well trained at Vintage Hills...but by then my daughter will be in third grade and behind unless I work with her yet again after school. Many of the moms I know are paying for after school classes to make up for what their kids are not learning at school. This school is not what any of the posts say! I am on my 2nd year at this school and hope that I am wrong about this year but fear the worst.

Vintage Hills Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2014
Do not believe the good ratings of this school. The teacher my son had was an average babysitter at best. I volunteered in the classes and observed that she could not manage the class, some kids were doing pranks, others were dozing off. You get here what you pay for - NOTHING!

Posted April 23, 2014
Kids are very polite and sincere. My daughter improves a lot after moving from Fremont. Lot of home works, keeps us very busy during evening hours. Any way good for our daughter. Parents are very competitive and enthusiastic about their kids education.

Posted June 12, 2013
We joined after having been in a private school so my bar was fairly high. I've been incredibly pleased overall.The teachers my kids had were super solid.Parents reported to me the majority of teachers are great with only a few being just average.The 4th Grade teacher my child had in particular was the best she's had (even at private school).She regularly kept the kids challenged and passionate about learning while insisting on a respectful yet fun classroom environment. The principal is extremely dedicated and has gone above and beyond in all the situations I've experienced.The parents are also dedicated, raising funds to supplement where the state has made cuts as well as volunteering in the classrooms and activities. Parents are incredibly welcoming too!The Parents club has also organized a before/after school chess, art and lego robotics, as well as a few other engaging activities such as talent shows etc. My wish list would be to offer a foreign language after school and leverage more of the parents expertise in an organized way to supplement/enhance teaching and to continue to keep kids engaged. It would also be great if the school grounds landscaping could be freshened up.

Posted August 09, 2010
Great school - love parent teacher team efforts - our KG teacher was excellent, have made a very positive impact on our kid's life.

Posted February 25, 2006
Great school with excellent kids.

Posted November 29, 2005
Academic programs at VHE are outstanding. One of the finest in CA. Extracurricular activities could be improved, including after school art programs. The level of parental involvement exceeds any I have ever seen. A high percentage of parents can be seen on campus every day working in the classrooms, attending field trips with the students, and helping in the office. I am the parent of two 2nd graders and a 4th grader at the school.

Posted August 15, 2005
Vintage Hills is a good school. I am impressed with the principal. There are some nice families at this school. This school has very high parent involvement. Unfortunately the school is lacking in an Art program.

Posted August 15, 2005
Quiet and safe campus, I love to have my kids go to Vintage hills elementary

Posted April 29, 2005
- a former student
This is a fabulous school nestled in the hills of Pleasanton. Far away from the city streets. I am a former student and have the fondest of memories and just recently I went to an open house and was amazed that the warmth and security hasn't changed in so many years.

Vintage Hills Elementary School
1125 Concord Street, Pleasanton, CA  94566
Last modified Vintage Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vintage Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.