Posted August 13, 2014
My daughter is going into 3rd grade at Cobblestone. This will her second year here. We moved to Cobblestone from Madison Elementary in Sacramento. She was doing very poorly in Sacramento. When we moved to Cobblestone, we were welcomed with open arms. All of the staff are very very nice and caring. They genuinely care about the children at this school. They remember the children and parents. You are not just a number to the staff here. When we moved here my daughter did a complete 360! She was like a brand new child! She excelled all throughout her second grade year with Ms. Wininger as her teacher. Ms. Wininger is HANDS DOWN the BEST teacher ever! I'm looking forward to another great year here with Mr. Pitts as my daughter's 3rd grade teacher. Ms. Wininger was ALWAYS available should we need to speak with her and she encouraged our involvement.

Posted June 18, 2014
My child has been at this school for two years and we love it! Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers have allowed me to help in their classes. My child had learned so much in a kind and gentle atmosphere. The Principal is great with the kids and always available for the parents. The PTO rocks!!! They have provided lots of fun for the kids and raised a ton of money for the school.

Posted January 06, 2014
I am shocked that this school has more than one star. The teachers are not professional, nor do they dress professional. My child is in Kinder this year, and his teacher dresses very provocatively. I am surprised no one tells her to dress more professional. I am not happy with my son's Kinder teacher's attire nor her discipline and teaching style. My daughter is in third grade, I her teacher is not the best. I am looking for another school to put my children in next year. By the way, the principal is very hard to get a hold of.

Posted November 21, 2013
Moved from a well known district to plumas lake. Have a son who is in second grade who is high in his academics. School has not gate program and disappointed in the work he has nightly. He can complete his homework in less than 5 minutes. Daughter has special needs and the school proposed to cut services by 70 percent. Communication is limited. Good school for the average student, but if you have a high achiever or a special needs student this is not the school for your child.

Posted August 02, 2013
Our community has been blessed to have some of the best teachers I've ever met. The staff is friendly and extremely professional at Cobblestone Elementary. The entire community works together and this is very apparent when receiving info from the PTO.

Posted July 03, 2013
My one star is only for one teacher...if your child is in first grade here next year and will complain or seem to hate school...well there is a valid reason behind it. Watch for signs. Discipline is good but humiliating kids, refusing to help them and isolate them is straight up bullying....it happens, I am serious unfortunately. I know that if you live in PL you may not have many options but you can at least switch class.....

Posted June 28, 2013
I love this school. The principle, staff and teachers have all been fantastic at working with us. My son is special needs and they have gone above and beyond to make sure he, and all the other students in his class, had an enjoyable learning experience. They made sure his needs were met but never at the expense of the others. There was always staff out in the mornings and after school to ensure the students safety. The teacher was always easily accessible. The school counselor would call me every so often to make sure I was happy with the plan we had all (principle, teacher, counselor, parents, etc.) come to agree would work best for my son and other students. I never felt like they ignored any concerns I may have had. They went above and beyond what I ever expected from a school. I was heartbroken when we found out we would be moving out of state. Having a school and teacher that worked so hard for the kids was something I had grown to cherish. It will be hard to find a school equal. Oh and movie nights were a blast!

Cobblestone Elementary School 2

Posted June 10, 2012
My daughter attended this school for part of 1st grade and all of 2nd grade. In that time, her math abilities and test scores suffered greatly. She arrived at Cobblestone testing above average in math. I pulled her out of Cobblestone after her math testing scores fell below average. She had two teachers for 2nd grade, both who were pregnant and covered each others maternity leave. One worked M-W and during the others leave, the second worked R-F and during the others maternity leave. There was no consistency for the students whatsoever. It doesn't matter how good either of the teachers were, if the isn't consistency or good communication it just doesn't work. I pulled my daughter from this school and enrolled her in another district....best educational decision I have made. I also started my younger daughter in the transfer district as well and we couldn't be happier. I DO NOT RECOMMEND the Plumas Lake School District to ANYONE.

Posted March 04, 2011
Great school with caring teachers. We moved to Cobblestone from Rio Del Oro and love the atmosphere and attitude. The principal listens to the students and truly cares. The teachers are firm but fair and care about each and every student. This learning envirnment couldn't be better.

Posted October 24, 2010
We have loved this school and have enjoyed very thorough and timely communication from all of our teachers. They were willing to work with us to meet the needs of my daughter, who is advanced in some areas and needed special attention to keep her from being bored. The PTO hosts several events each year, and so far they have all been great. I know, as a new school, the parent involvement was slow to start out, but this year just about everyone I know is either on the PTO, or volunteers at the events or in the classrooms when they can. This school seems to get better every year we are here.

Cobblestone Elementary School
1718 Churchill Way, Plumas Lake, CA  95961
Last modified Cobblestone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cobblestone Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top