Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Posted December 03, 2015
to much bullying at this school, my child begs not to be sent to school.my child is teassed daily. I am uneasy and concerned with sending my child to this school, this school should teach and cultivate and atmosphere of no bullying because its getting out of hand. i'v gone to the office on more than one occasion to discuss the bullying but nothing comes of it, I feel there is no real action with this schools employees to prevent bullying with proper education of bullying and lessons on the damage it causes and no real disciplinary action taken on the bullies. there was also another review about teachers that do not dress appropriate for school and this is true. I don't feel that knee high boots and a short skirt is proper dress code for teaching environment of young children . this school should hold themselves to a higher standard like they claim they are.

Cobblestone Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 03, 2015

Posted May 15, 2015
SAFETY is such a issue at this school. I will not have my child here next year!!!! Called the principal numerous times no call back! My child has witnessed a kid attacking a teacher violently. The culprit returned to class about a hour later,no consequences and continued to disrupt ALL of the students. My child can't even use the restroom because of the kids allowed to flood toilets and throw things over the stalls. I've talked to other parent, come to find out these kids causing the problems mostly don't even live in the district. Apparently the district gets more money per district transfers than the kids that belong there. Contacted the board,they said they have to sign a behavior contract. If they misbehave they shouldn't go there. Basically, it sounds like it's all about money,not our kids!

Posted April 19, 2015
I agree with the comments about administration not returning phone calls! Also the district boasts about technology. I have 3 children attending none of them have seen this technology. Also for a district of three schools, why is the superintendent payed in the top 3 percent of all superintendents in CA? People please do your homework this is not a honest district! They do not follow basic ed codes,feel free to contact CA dept of education 916-319-0800.

Posted August 13, 2014
My daughter is going into 3rd grade at Cobblestone. This will her second year here. We moved to Cobblestone from Madison Elementary in Sacramento. She was doing very poorly in Sacramento. When we moved to Cobblestone, we were welcomed with open arms. All of the staff are very very nice and caring. They genuinely care about the children at this school. They remember the children and parents. You are not just a number to the staff here. When we moved here my daughter did a complete 360! She was like a brand new child! She excelled all throughout her second grade year with Ms. Wininger as her teacher. Ms. Wininger is HANDS DOWN the BEST teacher ever! I'm looking forward to another great year here with Mr. Pitts as my daughter's 3rd grade teacher. Ms. Wininger was ALWAYS available should we need to speak with her and she encouraged our involvement.

Posted June 18, 2014
My child has been at this school for two years and we love it! Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers have allowed me to help in their classes. My child had learned so much in a kind and gentle atmosphere. The Principal is great with the kids and always available for the parents. The PTO rocks!!! They have provided lots of fun for the kids and raised a ton of money for the school.

Posted January 06, 2014
I am shocked that this school has more than one star. The teachers are not professional, nor do they dress professional. My child is in Kinder this year, and his teacher dresses very provocatively. I am surprised no one tells her to dress more professional. I am not happy with my son's Kinder teacher's attire nor her discipline and teaching style. My daughter is in third grade, I her teacher is not the best. I am looking for another school to put my children in next year. By the way, the principal is very hard to get a hold of.

Posted November 21, 2013
Moved from a well known district to plumas lake. Have a son who is in second grade who is high in his academics. School has not gate program and disappointed in the work he has nightly. He can complete his homework in less than 5 minutes. Daughter has special needs and the school proposed to cut services by 70 percent. Communication is limited. Good school for the average student, but if you have a high achiever or a special needs student this is not the school for your child.

Posted August 02, 2013
Our community has been blessed to have some of the best teachers I've ever met. The staff is friendly and extremely professional at Cobblestone Elementary. The entire community works together and this is very apparent when receiving info from the PTO.

Posted July 03, 2013
My one star is only for one teacher...if your child is in first grade here next year and will complain or seem to hate school...well there is a valid reason behind it. Watch for signs. Discipline is good but humiliating kids, refusing to help them and isolate them is straight up bullying....it happens, I am serious unfortunately. I know that if you live in PL you may not have many options but you can at least switch class.....

Cobblestone Elementary School
1718 Churchill Way, Plumas Lake, CA  95961-9144
Last modified Cobblestone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cobblestone Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top