Point Reyes Station, CA

Posted September 11, 2014
I would give the school 5 stars if not for a poor school board. With that aside, West Marin and Inverness schools are amazing. The programs (Spanish starting in K, music, art, rock band) that are no longer taught at most public schools are still thriving here. The teachers are amazing and the staff are so supportive. Where else does the janitor help coach soccer? Show me another school where the lunch lady remembers your kid loves sunflower seeds and saves him a pack? Add small class sizes and teachers who really know your kid and you have a jewel. Wonderful school 5 stars (with the exception of the current school board)

Posted May 21, 2012
We love WMS! When my son started here he had just gotten a woefully inadequate IEP (Individualized Ed Plan) from his old school. The caring staff at WMS re-evaluated him and found that he needed MUCH more intervention. I am so very grateful for all of the support the teachers and staff have given my s have given him and our family. This is an amazing school with a very diverse school community (which can be hard to find in Marin). The class sizes are quite small, the teachers and staff are amazing and the location is beautiful. This is a unique school that has a lot to offer. Highly Recommended.

Posted May 11, 2012
I am in 7th grade at West Marin School and I think that it is the best school ever!! I know that SOME people aren't satisfied with the quality of the school and you know who you are. I think that you are completely wrong and out of your mind. I am in the Rock band and advanced math class. It is one of the best experiences of my life. I love my homeroom teacher and we even have a school cat. How many schools have that? Not many. We also have a beautiful field that a lot of other schools don't have. TAKE THAT! posted by a current student.

West Marin Elementary School 2

Posted April 19, 2012
I have a daughter at this school now (2012), while initially I thought this school was great with all it's anti-bullying programs, student garden and community gym. I was sorely let down. The board leadership is lacking. Healthy school lunches won't even be considered even though we live in the middle of the organic farming community of Marin. (Sounds funny doesn't it?) Our kids continue to eat government issued meat and cheese, while all of the organic farms are actually located within 10 miles of the school. The board won't even consider healthy lunches. The parents have been stonewalled on many of these issues by the board and it seems like it has been that way for years. The anti-bullying programs they say they have been trained in, when it comes down to it the staff does not handle conflicts well at all and certainly don't treat the parents as partners, rather as outsiders and even enemies at times. I had high hopes for this school but it seems like it has a lot more growth to endure before it becomes a "good" school.

Posted October 12, 2011
I went to this school just a few years back. It had/has some of the best teachers I've ever been in contact with and the atmosphere is amazing. Very calming and tranquil. Maybe it's all the blue paint or something. Wonderful school.

Posted August 19, 2008

West Marin Elementary School 2

Posted July 19, 2005
I had two students at this school and I was greatly disappointed with the quality of the education they received in comparison to other schools in the county and the lack of teacher follow through. I am impressed however with the improvements made in the lower grades.

Posted May 05, 2005
I attend this school. As of 2004- 2005, I am in 7th grade. I like being at this school.Read on. The Teachers: Some teacher yell and are scary in their conduct. Some teachers are really paranoid. One is scary in the way she merrily Talks. The 7th grade teacher is the greatest teacher I have ever been taught by in my 13 years. Overall, the teachers are good 3 of 5. Campus: A little bit of lots of trash. Good bathrooms. Freindly cat named Tigger roams school and likes to be petted. 4of 5. Students: Most known bullies are leaving next year. Few halls were ambushes can be set up. 3 of 5. Classes: Great electives like rock band and baseball. Lots of equipment. They force the 8th graders to take drama. Huzzah! 4.9 of 5. Bye! Thanks for reading my review!

West Marin Elementary School
11550 Highway 1, Point Reyes Station, CA  94956
Last modified West Marin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Marin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top