School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

October 01, 2009

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted July 20, 2016
Thank you to the Counselor, you warned me freshman year that Ipoly was not the place for people with high aspirations. Back then I did not believe you, and thought you were only cold and mean. Only now, I realize you were trying to save me, only I didn't want to be saved.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 20, 2016
Generally, these are the only classes that assign any homework: Freshman(1st sem): English, Math, Geography Freshman(2nd Sem): No homework Sophmore(1&2): All Classes Junior(1&2):Chemistry, History Senior: Physics, Math

International Polytechnic High School 1

Posted July 20, 2016
Please, prospective parents and students; heed my warning. As a student who has recently graduated from Ipoly, I can tell you, applying to Ipoly will be the worst decision you will ever make for your near future. If you expect your child to go to a UCLA, Berkeley or Stanford, I can assure you, they will not. The academic rigor imposed at this excuse for a high school is akin to the rigor of an eighth grade classroom. There are no APs, IBs, Honors, or sports programs- which colleges exclusively look for. Some days we did absolutely nothing, other than watch a movie, and have a teacher talk about their day while they surfed Facebook. While they offer classes at Cal Poly Pomona, rest assured your child will have to settle for the lowest classes College freshman do not want.They will be forced to take "religions of the world" or "intro to acting" .On top of this, there is no comrade. Trust me, everyone hates each other -it is not a family, it is not a unique group- it is about 100 teenagers who clump into mini cliques and hate each other. The teachers either don't see it or don't want to see it, but most of the kids hate the school aswell. I wish I could write more about this God awful excuse for a school, how I wish I could. But there is no point. In the end, you either heed my warning or end up wasting the best times of your life. Please, parents! Look beyond Ipoly!

Posted June 12, 2015
Our son recently finished his freshman year. Excellent teachers. Interestings projects that integrate learning across disciplines. He had other choices. After experiencing Infotainment in the spring we knew we made a sound decision.

Posted April 13, 2015
My daughter is a senior this year. Her experience has been one of growth not only educationally but personally as well. This is a very good school which takes children and turns them into young adults. It teaches them to become responsible, contributing members of society. It prepares them very well for college. The teachers and administrators are all very respectful and responsive to both the parents and the students. I highly recommend this school as it will prepare you child not just for college, but for life in general. BTW my daughter and her friends have never had any problems with college students bothering them. College students don't wander onto the i-Poly campus, but i-Poly students are allowed to use the college facilities. If you have a concern about your child mixing with college students tell them to stay on the i-Poly campus.

International Polytechnic High School 3

Posted February 27, 2015
Ipoly is a very good school. I encourage that if any student has concerns the leadership team will be sensitve and respectful to students.

Posted June 22, 2014
Like the author of the previous review, I graduated from iPoly this year, took college classes, and noticed a dramatic improvement in myself in many areas. What iPoly really helped me do was become more of a social being, a community member. I can hold conversations with a variety of personalities now and can deal with my fear of the novel much more effectively than before. I thank the numerous group projects, talking to professors to get into classes at Cal Poly (math classes filled up quickly so I had to act accordingly), and the overall atmosphere at iPoly for this. We are a family. I discovered hardship, friendship, and myself at this school and am a better person for it. They accepted me and all my quirks and I've, thus, learned to accept myself. That's a gift I feel no other school could have given me. I love you, iPoly, and I'll see you around.

Posted June 09, 2014
I just graduated from iPoly, and the school really changed my life. In the four years that I was at iPoly, my communication and time management dramatically improved. I learned how to overcome my shyness, and gained confidence through all the presentations and group work we had. Teachers were very supportive, and you could tell they really loved helping the students. I was able to take college classes the last two years and had a great experience.. I really feel ready for college. Last but not least, I am proud to say that I was accepted to 5 of the 6 colleges I applied to!! I feel that iPoly gave me the confidence I needed to succeed in college and in my future.. Thank you iPoly!!

Posted October 27, 2013
This school is on the top of my list for my son to attend starting 2014-15 school year. Orientation was awesome and I cant wait for m son to get accepted and attend!!!

Posted June 19, 2013
As we participated our child's graduation this June,we felt so proud of our kid and also appreciated a lot for I-poly. This school trains students with different thinking and learning process which makes students comprehend the knowledge by many presentations. Through the process, students know to present themselves with logic thinking. Another important benefit to study at I-poly which student has chance to take the course from Cal-poly, Pomona. This benefit helps our kid is admitted by UC Berkeley.

3851 W. Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA  91768
Last modified International Polytechnic High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.