Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Depends on each teacher, some are Awesome and some are okay! Some put more effective and some don't put in to much.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They need to be given more! Especially when they are on vacation! Keeps them busy.

The Friday pep rally's are really a sight to see! Mrs.Lin is a natural hype woman! She gets the kids so excited to be Cortez Wizards and it shows how much pride she has in the kids and the school. It's nice to see such a wonderful principal who loves what she does.

I was a parent observer this morning at the disaster drill and I was thoroughly impressed with the order and fluidity of the drill. It made me feel secure as a parent to send my child to a school where disaster drills are taken seriously. There were real life scenarios happening throughout the drill that were not planned which kept the staff and disaster team on their toes and ready to act no matter what obstacle that was thrown at them. The entire school did great!

I really LOVE this school!! It's the best because both my daughters have came a long way academically! To all the staff there that make that school the best! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication! Keep on doing what you all do.

this school is the best because they teach very well and help students if they need help

The afterschool staff consists of young college interns that are not necessarily studying child development. Child development / child psychology is necessary to properly understand tween drama. My kid was in the afterschool program until 6pm and did not get properly assisted with homework. I witnessed staff showing my kid the wrong way to do the work and lots of mispelled words from staff. I finally told my kid not to ask for help anymore. I noticed another review about too many projects. The problem with this last year was that 4 projects were due too close to one another. This results in parents doing the work and children not fully understanding the work since they just do the projects to meet deadlines. So many parents stated they were the ones doing the projects because they were too pressed on time. Some classrooms have kids checking each others work and in one case, a parent reviewed all the take home material and realized the other student was grading incorrectly which caused her kid to get bad grades. Teachers should grade the work and not rely on other kids to do so. Some kids will grade unfavorably if they don't like the other student.

I'm continually astonished by the high quality of teaching, dedication of all staff (from the principal to the campus supervisors), and the positivity of the social environment. The end-of-year open house I attended a few weeks ago was tremendously moving. The teachers at Cortez should feel tremendous proud. They are part of something truly wonderful and that is pretty rare.

I am going into 7th grade this next year and im transfering schools and from what i've heard from the reviews i think the HW is going to be hard but it will help me in life. To the person who gave it a 1 rating i have something to say to you. So wht if she has 4 projects in H.S you will have like 10 projects (as i've heard from high schoolers).

This school has opened my future by helping me gain enough knowledge for challenges that lie ahead. I am currently a 9th grader now but i attended 5 to 8 grades at Cortez. For starters you will get homework, projects, and tests no lie about that. But of course as i got older from 5th grade to 6th some of my classmates started leaving? Alot told me "oh it's to hard" "too much homework to strict" Well i started to think maybe i should move but my mom refused!! I thank her for that becuase finishing 8th grade at cortez has helped me in high school becuase some of the material i am learning i have learned at Cortez!!! when everyone else has no idea what it is..:) i was in this school while Mrs. Alvarez was principal now they have changed principals but my younger 9 year old brother attends 4th grade there! Very good teachers are there that help you and encourage you in your academic grades:) i graduated last year 2011 and think what a privillage i had to be in a school like Cortez! It is hard if you don't do the homework In the end promotion for 8th grade is amazing!! A very good school!! even though i thought it was horrible sometimes becuase of the homework i made it with a 3.6:):)

Last modified Cortez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.