Alcott Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
No one should judge a school by one incident. You need all the facts before you post negative reviews. Alcott has led the way in student, parent an community involvement.

Alcott Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2014
Wouldn't want my child at this school. So tacky to make a child eat food that was left in a trash. Could have made this a teachable moment. Instead she used bullying tactics. Pathetic! I'm glad my child is not in your school system. Feel sorry for those children and for that boy. We tell our children not to bully and humiliate and this is what occurs? Start training the teachers in that district on how to handle simple situations instead of turning it into a dramatic incident.

Alcott Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2014
Any school that allows a teacher to make a student pull food out of the trash and FORCE a student to eat it, should be sued and then closed!

Alcott Elementary School 5

Posted October 28, 2012
I have lived in Pomona for nearly 60 years. My family of 6 and 8 of my cousins attended PUSD schools. Alcott, in my opinion, is very well organized and successful. The principal is fabulous and the students are learning. We need more success stories like Alcott in Pomona.

Alcott Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2010
Welcome to Parents and Neighbors of Alcott Elementary. I am the principal at Alcott and am proud to say that this school has the best staff, both classified and certificated. The office staff is fair and friendly and the teaching staff is highly qualified. I am proud to be a part of this educational institution and find the parents and students to be friendly and ready to learn. We are Alcott Academic Achievers and we work as a community to insure that our students improve their skills and raise their academic performance.

Alcott Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
I've worked there. There is no involvment with the parents. When my kid attended there the coustodian was asked to to on fieldtrips.

Alcott Elementary School 0

Posted March 10, 2010
The biggest problem with Alcott is the lack of parent involvement. We have a hard time convincing many parents to do basic things like attend parent conferences. Then at the end of the year when the teachers take hours to work on retention forms after months of interventions, the parents complain about the teachers. We do our job, parents, it's time you join us.

Alcott Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2009

Alcott Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2009
Most of the teachers are average. There are a few that are very caring. Principal is very busy and interested in conversation when you sit in front of her but forgets to follow up on her promises. School has gone down hill since the late 90's.

Alcott Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
I have to agree with some of the other parents. Yes, this school was a better school years ago. Lately I have noticed the lack of interest in the Principal, teachers and even some parents. I cannot say it has all been bad, my children and I have had some good experiences with some teachers and that is only after repeated request. We need to have more parents involve in the day to day of the school. I think that the best way to get that is to get the teachers and principal to be more involved and request the involvement of the parent, either at school or through homework for those who cannot participate during school hours.

Alcott Elementary School
1600 South Towne Avenue, Pomona, CA  91766
Last modified Alcott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alcott Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top