Bad
Good

Barfield Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2015
Hi I am a concern mother, My son is attending Pre-school at Barfield Elementary School. I visited to my son's classroom to see what types of daily actives were put on motion to keep the children entertained. I noticed that my son wasn't being challenge enough, I went to speak with the school vice-principal, to inquire how can my son take an exam to move up to Kindergarten? The response that I was given was that my son had to stay in the Pre-school class, because he must stay with his age level, not his abilities and education level. How can this school hold my son back force him to stay in a classroom where he is not being challenged enough, and now that my son is acting out I get numerous of call from his teacher that she can not get his focus and my son is being forces to leave the class. The material that the teacher is teaching, my son he already knows it. Maybe this school should focus more in the child's education and abilities. Just look at the school overall ratings?? Its a 2 from a scale of 1-10. How sad is this, can we the parent and student feel happy that this school has been in the low rating for the pass few years??

Barfield Elementary School
2181 North San Antonio Avenue, Pomona, CA  91767-2403
Last modified Barfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.