Pomona High School 4

Posted February 21, 2014
I been teaching at Pomona High for eight years now, I love the school. It has change a great deal, students are doing much better in every possible way. Many students are getting full rides to great 4 year schools and most of them are doing great there. The teacher staff is young and energetic, there are very few complaints about teachers that don't care, students are the voice to listen to, they know what is going on, and they would tell you who is not teaching. This year we went 1st in football, 2nd in boy's bball, 3rd in girls bball, a female wrestler is going state competition, we have MMA, Frisbee, ignite and all kind of clubs going on. I think the school has changed a lot. I challenge you to come and visit and freely walk the school and if you have any doubts, they will be cleared after that. My youngest son is a soft at P-High and is finally turning into a dedicated and committed athlete and student. Come check us out, we will blow you away. Do not read comments from five years ago, they do not apply.

Pomona High School 2

Posted February 20, 2014
Pomona High School has had some exterior changes which is certainly a plus. However, the internal student environment remains the same. Disrespect for adults on campus, language is horrible within the hallways, and the overall campus safety and sanitation is just plain ugly. Just an example: Trash cans available, but not utilized. Granted, these habits are learned behaviors and children do learn what they live. I am just happy my child had some really passionate teachers that cared about his education in an "old school" fashion and not with the entitlement attitudes of today's high school students. Students need to be made accountable for their lack of respect, for their own actions and shortcomings and not place blame on their teachers, their circumstances, or school of residence.

Pomona High School 1

Posted November 11, 2010
Pomona High administration just does not get it. The student body is made up of a large Latino population yet the extracurricular activites do not reflect the interests of the community. Perhaps the administration cannot understand this considering they are all Anglo and disconnected from the student body.

Pomona High School 4

Posted March 23, 2010
PHS is a school trying to give as much opportunities to the students in Pomona. Medical and Engineering Academy gives students a taste of these professional fields. Our AVID program helps prepare our students to be successful in College/University. The AVID program recently became a National Demonstration School which puts it in the top 2% of all AVID schools...and we accomplished it with the combined efforts of PHS students, teachers, admin, and parents. Most of the teachers & admin want the students to be successful. What PHS needs to be 'excellent'? More support from our parents.

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted December 08, 2008
I love Pomona High School, it is the best school in Pomona, The staff is just wonderful!

Pomona High School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
After teaching at Pomona High for many years I realized the students were not the problem here. The administration, top to bottom could care a less about anything other than ADA and test scores.

Pomona High School 3

Posted July 21, 2008
As an alumi of Pomona High School, I have to say that my experience there was not that great. I think that they could have done a much better job and would have kept me and others in this same school not wanting to transfer to another school in the middle of the year

Posted May 21, 2008
That school has alot of community programs. Considering the neighborhood it does very well. 2nd best in that district.

Pomona High School 1

Posted May 13, 2008

Pomona High School
475 Bangor Street, Pomona, CA  91767
Last modified Pomona High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pomona High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top