Ranch Hills Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2014
This is one of the two high performance elementary schools in Pomona Valley Unified. The teachers here are great. They care about the students and want to see them succeed. The current principal is very approachable and friendly. Always has a smile for the families but seems very no-nonsense at the same time. (As a good principal should be!)

Ranch Hills Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2014
At one point this was an outstanding school. The API for 2012 was at 920, within a year it plummeted to 885. I believe it's due to the new principal. She is too soft. There are some students who are notorious for bullying, sexual harassment etc. and she and the yard staff turn a blind eye. They claim zero tolerance but when it's reported the principal blames the victim instead of the student who is continually causing problems. I believe morale Is down. Too many students allowed to attend from other districts.

Ranch Hills Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2013
A lot of it socio cultural. There couldn't have been that much of a difference in one year. Ranch Hills is a good school but not great. There is only one great elementary school in the district. Diamond Ranch and Ranch Hills are the only very good ones. I don't understand why there are no complaints when the district has failed miserably in it's responsibility to provide a good education. I think the reason for the significant decline is when you set your standards based on a system that is really bad. To put it back on an upward trend The Principal should be more independent and innovative and separate herself from a really bad school district.

Posted March 25, 2013
I was surprised to see the last post about staff coming late and leaving early. In fact, the opposite seems to be true in my opinion. I can see my kids teachers cars in the parking lot usually until 5pm. I see a full staff parking lot even on Friday mornings on late start when I drop my kids off. Obviously they have morning meetings and aren't easily seen around campus. These teachers have always been helpful. I wish all schools had teachers as capable as ours!

Ranch Hills Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2013
The school is a fantastic facility. The district and community seem to work hard at keeping the facilities updated. The staff are very nice and friendly for the most part. I had two children attend this school from 2005 through present. The one concern I have with the school is that the hour are - simply - bizarre. They have an early dismissal on Wednesday. This is supposedly to allow for one hour of teacher planning. However, the teachers are consistently observed to leave early on these days. In addition, they have a late start on Friday. Again, teachers apparently don't need to plan, as they arrive almost as school starts. Good luck!

Posted August 28, 2012
My daughter attended Ranch Hills from 2nd -6th grade. This was a wonderful school with challenging teachers, high academic expectations and great paretnal involment. I did like the principal, but I know she has received mixed reviews in the past. She was fair and I was impressed that she knew every childs name and encouranged high academic accoutability.This school was a great fit for my daughter and I would strongly recommend this to any parent looking to place their child in a high acheiving school.

Posted August 27, 2012
This year we have a new principal. She is awesome. She is great with the kids and the parents. Her door is open at all times to speak to you. With her this school is now complete. Awesome principal, awesome teachers.

Posted March 02, 2012
This is an awesome school to say the least. The teachers go out of their way to assist the students and work with the parents to make sure that no child is left behind. The parents here are extemely helpful, and the PTA does everything in their power to ensure that our children don't miss out on anything. To bad that the same cannot be said about the principal. The only thing that matters to the principal is how to increase the API scores without ensuring that the children learn the basics.

Posted November 02, 2010
Ranch Hills has a family feel to it. Everyone has a smile and lends a helping hand. Teachers are outstanding and really care about our children. PTA and parental volunteers are The Best in the West. They all work hard to make sure our children have what they need and plan events that bring us all together.

Posted November 01, 2010
My kids grew up in this school. They build friends and relationships, and it's closer to my house. The teacher and staff are wonderful and helpful too.

Ranch Hills Elementary School
2 Trabuco Place, Pomona, CA  91766
Last modified Ranch Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ranch Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top