Pomona, CA

Posted April 19, 2015
The school is great, your child will make lots of friends like mine did and best of all, there are no bullies!

Posted January 08, 2015
Excellent School! The principal is outstanding! Teachers are very friendly! Although the office staff always has a negative attitude! They are only friendly to those they are already familiar with. At the beginning of the 2014 school year, I went in the office to ask a question. The office assistant informed me that she could not answer my question because the principal needs to communicate better with the staff. She could have said I m not sure but I will find out, you can call or come back later in the week or something of that matter

Posted September 25, 2014
This is one of the two high performance elementary schools in Pomona Valley Unified. The teachers here are great. They care about the students and want to see them succeed. The current principal is very approachable and friendly. Always has a smile for the families but seems very no-nonsense at the same time. (As a good principal should be!)

Ranch Hills Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2014
At one point this was an outstanding school. The API for 2012 was at 920, within a year it plummeted to 885. I believe it's due to the new principal. She is too soft. There are some students who are notorious for bullying, sexual harassment etc. and she and the yard staff turn a blind eye. They claim zero tolerance but when it's reported the principal blames the victim instead of the student who is continually causing problems. I believe morale Is down. Too many students allowed to attend from other districts.

Posted October 23, 2013
We love Ranch Hills Elementary school!!! We moved four years ago to this area looking for good education... best decision ever!!! My son is doing great, we are very proud of him. Thank you very much to the staff, we really appreciate their work, especially when most of the people think, they have to do everything for our kids and don't understand every body needs to collaborate to make the process successful. Thank you Mr. Martinez, and Mrs. B ... LOVE YOU!!!

Posted September 24, 2013
Ranch Hill's API score is still very high. As a parent, I appreciate that my child is just not a test score in the classroom, but is receiving a well rounded education. I feel the difference is cultural. Many parents work long hours unable to help their child with homework, many children live between two homes weekly, the special education children in the regular classroom take up alot of the teachers time, and class size is ridiculous. Those who don't think Ranch Hills staff and principal are not doing all they can, should home school. (The grass is always greener).

Posted September 23, 2013
A lot of it socio cultural. There couldn't have been that much of a difference in one year. Ranch Hills is a good school but not great. There is only one great elementary school in the district. Diamond Ranch and Ranch Hills are the only very good ones. I don't understand why there are no complaints when the district has failed miserably in it's responsibility to provide a good education. I think the reason for the significant decline is when you set your standards based on a system that is really bad. To put it back on an upward trend The Principal should be more independent and innovative and separate herself from a really bad school district.

Posted March 25, 2013
I was surprised to see the last post about staff coming late and leaving early. In fact, the opposite seems to be true in my opinion. I can see my kids teachers cars in the parking lot usually until 5pm. I see a full staff parking lot even on Friday mornings on late start when I drop my kids off. Obviously they have morning meetings and aren't easily seen around campus. These teachers have always been helpful. I wish all schools had teachers as capable as ours!

Ranch Hills Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2013
The school is a fantastic facility. The district and community seem to work hard at keeping the facilities updated. The staff are very nice and friendly for the most part. I had two children attend this school from 2005 through present. The one concern I have with the school is that the hour are - simply - bizarre. They have an early dismissal on Wednesday. This is supposedly to allow for one hour of teacher planning. However, the teachers are consistently observed to leave early on these days. In addition, they have a late start on Friday. Again, teachers apparently don't need to plan, as they arrive almost as school starts. Good luck!

Posted August 28, 2012
My daughter attended Ranch Hills from 2nd -6th grade. This was a wonderful school with challenging teachers, high academic expectations and great paretnal involment. I did like the principal, but I know she has received mixed reviews in the past. She was fair and I was impressed that she knew every childs name and encouranged high academic accoutability.This school was a great fit for my daughter and I would strongly recommend this to any parent looking to place their child in a high acheiving school.

Ranch Hills Elementary School
2 Trabuco Place, Pomona, CA  91766
Last modified Ranch Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ranch Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top