Pomona, CA

Posted December 28, 2014
I was a former student at this school from around 1989 to 1995, and Roosevelt Elementary was an excellent school when I attended it. Fine teachers, happy students, and teachers who loved their jobs. There was a Glee Club when I attended there, and the school activities were always fun and exciting. I am also here to try to find any of the teachers from 1989 to 1995 to say "Thank you" and to also ask for their help.

Posted November 09, 2013
roosevelt is an amazing school teachers are caring and support u the principal is great i would really reccomend this school it is the best i love itt everyone is like a family supporting each other i highly reccomend it i was a student previously

Roosevelt Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2013
This school used to be so clean and organized. Now it is cluttered and messy. The principal wants to have assemblies all the time because the community demands it. A small group of parents seem to be directing the school in the wrong direction. We have had bullying and such impolite behavior. The teachers are not allowed to disagree with the principal. Teachers are not treated fairly, some are allowed to break rules. Most teachers feel they are not treated with respect, not trusted with responsibility and thus do not get the results. Most of the teachers I work with are very unhappy with the management of this administrator and wonder why the district keeps a principal around who has such poor ratings.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 27, 2012
Wow! This SCHOOL IS SO TRASHY! Parents smoking on parking zone. Really? I am very disappointed with this school. I am trying to transfer but they don't want to help. I actually feel bad my child has to attend this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 21, 2010
Roosevelt has been a wonderful school for all of my children. It's the center of our neighborhood, and it feels that way, too. The principal and teachers are very welcoming and caring. My children have all had very positive experiences at Roosevelt, and I would recommend the school to anyone.

Posted April 21, 2010
I too am a teacher here and am very unsatisfied with the way things are run. The principal does not know how to work with teachers and students. Treats people very unfairly. I also agree about the assemblies. The staff as a whole does not understand why we need so many. Lets focus more on education and less on assembly ettiquete.

Posted April 17, 2010
This school has gotten worse every year since I started teaching here a few years ago. And now with this new principal, the morale is at an all time low. She is more focused on how to run an assembly than she is at education. If we were to take tests on assemblies than we would be top in state. If she returns next year than rest assured that I wont. I will find a school that has a principal and not a dictator.

Roosevelt Elementary School
701 North Huntington Boulevard, Pomona, CA  91768
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top