Public charter
Pomona, CA

La Verne Science And Technology Charter School 1

Posted December 23, 2012
This school is the horrible;I had to go to the district about the school marking my kids tardy before 8:10 because I could not get results from the principle.If it wasn't for my daughters teacher being honest about marking the kids tardy before 8:10 they would have continued to say it was not true.My daughters tardies were reversed but other students tardies were not because parents were not informed.Also the office staff on several occasions didn t call home when my daughter got hurt or became ill at school.Subsequently on all of those occasions my daughter had to see a doctor due to the illness or accidents at school.This was another issue I had with the office staff that the principle did not handle in which again I had to go to the district.When you have a problem & go to the principle she never really deals with the issue,she just tells you what she thinks you want to hear.The kids bully other kids,the upper graders conversations are x-rated,also profanity is prevalent on campus & not much is done about it.There is no such thing as parent involvement PTA,PTO does not exist.There are a few teachers that try to make a difference,but I am sorry to say they are Lone Soldiers.

La Verne Science And Technology Charter School 4

Posted May 03, 2010
This is a very nice school that has gone through some tremendous changes in the past few years. Three principals within the last three years, teachers coming and going due to district issues, and yet it still delivers the best for my kids. Don't get discouraged the tide is turning and you will be on top again. Hang tough! Don't lose heart. Great schools need to go through transitions to become the best!!

La Verne Science And Technology Charter School 1

Posted August 11, 2008
The school has taken a turn for the worst with the new principal. Ms. Whitington as well as some of the teachers there seem as if they do not enjoy their job. She along with another 2nd grade teacher have such a short fuse when it comes to the children. You can see it in their face that they generally do not care for the children and rather are there for the paycheck. I am deeply sadend that the old principal had to retire as I think he was the best thing to ever happent to that school. If you can help it, DO NOT enroll your child there. The rest of the office staff is amazing! There has never been a problem with them and no matter what time of day you visit, they are always on top of their game.

Posted January 28, 2008

Posted January 19, 2008
Yorba has been nothing but the best to my children. This school has offered the best that is to the school abilty, The teachers are the best. They worry about each and every child and try to make them the best the the child can be. The office staff has been wonderful when i need to get information. The new principal has brought alot of good changes for everyone.

Posted January 19, 2008
I am a very pleased parent. I have two children attending Yorba and I am impressed with the teacher/student involvement I have seen over the years. This year I have seen improvements throughout the school. The new principal brings great comfort to our school. By greeting students and parents every morning inviting any voices of concern. Parent involvement has increased as well. I have noticed more participation at school functions compared to previous years. Keep up the good work principal and parent booster!

La Verne Science And Technology Charter School 0

Posted November 16, 2007
I was going to transfering my kid, when I find out that a new principal was coming.I give Two thumbs up to Ms.Whittington. For the short time that she has been, she has done noticible changes. More parents involvement, the after school program is great, she is always by the entrance greeting every student and parent,and always participating in any of the programs very proffessionally.I am positive that her energy and sense of purpose will go to the students. On the other hand, the school office staff are very unproffessional, unpolite and uncooperative. It feels very unpleasent to walk to the office to get any kind of form or information.I wish the new principal will make the whole school a better place to be for everyone.

La Verne Science And Technology Charter School 4

Posted August 14, 2007
Yorba has excellent teachers that push the children to do their best. They have annual science fairs & all grades are required to participate (K-6). I would say that previous reviews both have it right when they say the principal is caring yet firm on the school rules. That being said I also feel he did not push the envelope to improve area such as student drop off & pick up; after school sports; PTA; better playground equipment; more computers; qualified in-room tutors...he just was not a visionary of his domain. He retired June 2007, & I am very anxious to see what changes the new principal, Ms. Whittington will enact her first year. I hope she hits the ground running hard!

La Verne Science And Technology Charter School 2

Posted September 02, 2006
Unfortunately this school is behind the times, it lacks technology, quality after school care, preschool classes, and parent participation. Who is responsible? The Pomona School District and the school's administrator....good teachers, no leader.

La Verne Science And Technology Charter School 0

Posted May 02, 2006
The principal is really a friend to all parents and always available for you to speak to him about any issue.

La Verne Science And Technology Charter School
250 West La Verne Avenue, Pomona, CA  91767
Last modified La Verne Science And Technology Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Verne Science And Technology Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top