Port Hueneme, CA

Posted March 05, 2015
I'm a parent and I have considered this school as my child's second home because I had a very high expectations of this school in terms of academics, building values, and instill self-confidence to little ones. The point is, more and more of their staff members (mostly in grounds), have no bearings on maintaining common courtesy I.e "Good morning" "How are you Mr/Mrs?" "Thank you" "You have a good day". This reviews it only reflects to the staff members on the ground. So here's my friendly 2 stars rating instead of 1(one). Changes of these ratings is determined based on actions taken for improvement.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 15, 2015
My child is in her 2nd year with HCS. Started since K5, at first the school ratio was what you expect from a faith based private school. In my child's K5 class, there were two teachers and in each class were about 15-16 students (not bad!). However, come 1st grade, not only did the class size start bigger (25), but the class kept getting new students throughout the school year. Concerned parents discussed this issue of a "public school" type class size ratio but parents plea of splitting up the class were just ignored by the office staff. The current class size is 30 students. The public school across 1st grade class size is comparable. My child is great academically but that's due to the hard work that we put in at home. Parents need to volunteer to be a coach, in my child's case, busy parents weren't able to volunteer as coaches, therefore, 1st grade class does not have a sports team this year. The teacher appears caring but I'm sure overwhelmed. The custodian are wonderful. The office staff-as long as they're getting their $350+ tuition every month, they're happy. But listening to parents concerns and problems, good luck!

Posted November 03, 2014
My child is going to this school for 3 years now. At first I agree with the teacher's being bias and it sometimes hurts. My son is at 1st grade now and only got 1 student of the week when he was at K-5. I have chosen to give 5 star because of overall quality of the school. I like Mrs. Hernandez being tough to staff to straighten things up on school, I wish just she will become principal there someday. Military friendly school they offer discounts for active duty personnel.

Hueneme Christian School 1

Posted June 13, 2014
Teacher 'bias' gives better marks to favorite pupil (family friend) that lead a student to become "Student of the Year". It's very sad to know that there is one existed into this private school.

Posted May 06, 2011
My daughter is in kindergarten and writes fluently in cursive and reads fluently as well. They are starting book reports and fractions. God also comes first in all their curriculums. If you are not willing to put in the time and extensive work with your child this is not for you and you will not succeed here. If you are you will be amazed at what your child can accomplish.

Posted May 21, 2010
Moved my child here mid year in 7th grade from another christian school in the area. It's been like night and day. She is very happy here. Good teachers, good structure, well behaved students. I am thrilled we found Hueneme christian school. I highly recommend it.

Hueneme Christian School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
If education and moral values are at the top of your educational requirements list for your child and you have the money to invest in his or her well being..Send them here. If you want your voice to be heard by staff and administration concerning your child, if ever the time should come. Send them here. My sun can read at a second grade level and he's only 5!

Posted January 30, 2010
My son went there from K5 - 8th grade. He got a fantastic education. He was two grades ahead of any kid on his block. I loved the teachers and all elements about this school.

Hueneme Christian School 3

Posted April 13, 2006
Good academic program. Gets children involved in biblican studies at a young age.

Posted January 26, 2006
My son used to attend this private school for four years and it was terrible. Lots of bible, no real thinking skills taught and none of the teachers were credentialed. Moved him to a public school with much higher standardized test scores, much better facilities and much better teachers. He really blossomed. My advice: Always ask for a private schools standardized test scores before you say they are so much better.

Hueneme Christian School
312 North Ventura Road, Port Hueneme, CA  93041
Last modified Hueneme Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Hueneme Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top