Porterville, CA
Students enrolled: 1,908

Posted March 11, 2010
I've been (and currently still am) attending Monache High School. The school in general is a very good school. Unlike some of the other reviews failed to say is that Monache High has some of the highest API scores in the area. It doesn't have the cleanest, nor the nicest campus, but it is very big & the people are very well kept. (Well, most of them.) I love this school, & I cannot wait to graduate from here & have Monache High School on my diploma & college applications.

Posted August 07, 2008
I spent my 07-08 year as a freshmen, and it was horrible. The school dirty and not kept up well, and the teachers are(fore the most part) terrible and uncaring. This school and all the school in this district are way to focused on meting standards and are always shoving benchmarks down student's throats. There so many tests that there is barely enough instruction time for the teachers to just teach the basics. The district standards are different than the states so when the students come to take the CSTs of the STAR test in the spring they're lost. The students at Monache are extremely unkind and disrespectful to their peers and teachers. In this town drugs and violence are widespread so student issues are a big problem. I would suggest to steer as far away from this school and the Porterville Unified School District.

Posted April 16, 2008
I attended monahce high school my freshmen and sophomore year, after that i moved and i had to attend two other schools, but these two other school are nothing compared to Monache High School. To me it was the best, the teachers were great they're welcoming and friendly, the majority of the students are great too. i love the clean campus. Also when you walk into this campus right away you feel welcomed.

Monache High School 1

Posted March 19, 2008
The campus is ugly and the people are not so nice. Their AP program is not very good (meaning that they don't have very many people pass), and they just focus on taking those dumb bubble tests. There is more to life than bubble tests.

Posted January 23, 2008
Its my first year at High School and I'm glad I chose Monache. It is a great school! With great teachers, Staff and everything!

Posted September 25, 2007
I love this school, it is the best and has great teachers. also it has great staff

Monache High School 1

Posted July 31, 2007
With the API and standardized testing dominating the curriculum, there is a forced emphasis on mediocrity, while those in Advanced Placement and honors are left to suffer.

960 North Newcomb Street, Porterville, CA  93257
Last modified Monache High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monache High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top