Posted March 15, 2014
Legacy is a wonderful school with great focus on not just academics but also overall social, emotional, and physical development of the child. My son started attending Legacy at 4.5yrs last year Sep 2013 after having attended another Montessori for a year prior to that. We're glad that we moved him to Legacy. In the other school he had to be pushed to go to school everyday. He was not very happy there and neither did he learn too much. Now at Legacy, he loves going to school and is learning with great joy. He totally loves his teachers Ms. Shay and Ms. Lanaia. We really value the nurturing Christian environment that the school offers. My son's teachers are very loving and caring, and at the same time enforce good discipline in class. It is hard to find a school that offers great emphasis on academics and also on character building, creativity, and all physical activity. But fortunately Legacy is very balanced in all these areas. Our only regret is that we didn't move him to Legacy earlier.

Posted July 05, 2013
Our oldest daughter , age 6, has just completed her third academic year at Legacy Montessori. We hope she begins elementary class this September. Our younger daughter completed her first academic year. I always feel my daughters are safe because Legacy's vision is built upon the Cornerstone Who Is Jesus of Nazareth. Ms. Katie and Ms. Carol select teachers whose vocation is to build Christian character in addition to academic skill. Legacy's team-teaching is fantastic: as a former middle school teacher I know effective team-teaching and my daughters bring that vision home in song and story.

Posted June 14, 2013
My daughter and my son has been attending Legacy Montessori for almost a year. And I am so happy to see how much they are learned. When my daughter first came to the school, she could recognize all the letters. Now she can read a simple book with little help. Her writing also improved amazingly in the past a few weeks. It's so heart warming to see she wrote love her letters to her friends, parents, and grandparents. She also grows into a more confident happy girl. As a child not so easy to adapt to new environment, it took her quite a few months to blend in. Sometimes, she would just sit there and watch other kids play and don't want to participate. The teachers were so encouraging and supportive. They helped me to setup play dates with other kids. Now she has lots of friends in the class and is always happy. When my son first came, he couldn't understand English at all. The first a few week, he cried every morning. But it got better each day. Now he is such a happy boy. He loves his teachers. The first and the last thing he wants to do when comes to and leaves the classroom is to give the teachers each a hug. The kids there are almost well trained and well behaved.

Posted June 06, 2013
Finding Legacy Montessori has been a real blessing. Not only do I believe in the Montessori philosophy and the school s implementation (not all Montessori school s are created equal!), I also believe in the teachers. The Director has done a great job of hand-picking real gems to teach our children. My two and four-year old girls honestly love their teachers, and the teachers love them back. They care for them in a genuine way, and they try to instill all of the values that I want my girls to have. I am also amazed by how much my girls have learned there. I feel lucky to have found a place my girls love to attend, and I can leave to work guilt-free because I know they are in good hands. This school does it all. The program is about nurturing the whole child- spiritually, emotionally, socially and academically. They also partner with you in discipline and anything else you want to work on. I have to give special mention to Ms. Bianca, Ms. Alaina, Ms. Faith, and Ms. Geneva (although I love them all!), who ve been with my kids from the start and have made it a pleasurable experience throughout our time there. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Legacy Montessori School
12310 Ninth St., Poway, CA  92064
Last modified Legacy Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Legacy Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top