Poway, CA

Posted January 23, 2014
An extremely UNDERRATED school!!! An opportunity for students to succeed and to learn at their pace, without getting lost in the large student to teacher ratio at the other local High Schools. Great teachers, great programs, and unique ways to build students up for life after school. Thank you Abraxas, for being the High School listed on my r sum .

Posted November 01, 2010
This school CHANGED MY LIFE for the better. Abraxas was the best thing that ever happened to me, and I will never forget the kindness of each and every teacher and faculty member!

Posted October 25, 2010
The students of Abraxas are young men and women who succeed facing tremendous adversity-they are the brave hearts of our school!

Posted October 20, 2010
Because it ROCKS! and the teachers are awesome!

Posted October 19, 2010
Abraxas gives the student an opportunity to earn a high school diploma with many of the skills needed to be successful in life after school. It also gives the parents the emotional high they desearve when seeing their son or daughter graduate.

Posted October 19, 2010
As a continuation school, most students are sent here for credit recovery, NOT discipline issues. It is heartwarming to see the students enter as young, angry and confused kids and watch them grow and mature into responsible young adults when they leave . . as graduates!

Posted October 19, 2010
I love Abraxas because you get to be in smaller classes and you actually have a true relationship with your teachers and classmates. I always did very well at abraxas. I love that school, and I wouldnt change my experience there for anything. Going to Abraxas actually helped me like school, and want to get my work done, and graduate.

Posted October 18, 2010
I love Abraxas...it gives students who don't fit in at the comprehensive high schools the opportunity to succeed. With smaller class sizes and a year-round schedule students receive more attention in a small class setting.

Posted December 23, 2006
Hi, my name is Tanya. I am an Abraxas High School Graduate of 2006. Abraxas is one of the most amazing schools. My mother recently passed away, but during my academic youth she was suffering with cancer. I fell behind in school and Abraxas was a second chance for me. The teachers and staff genuinely care about the students that go to Abraxas, and go out of their way to get to know you and help you succeed academically. Abraxas has peer support groups and many recourses to help you succeed. If it was not for Abraxas, I would not have graduated high school, or received my 3.6 GPA and 5 different scholarships. I also wouldn't be here in Santa Barbara going to college. Thanks Abraxas! The Teacher student bond goes beyond the classroom, teachers and faculty were at my moms funeral to support me.

Posted October 25, 2006
Gives youths what it takes to believe in themselves and its the end results that counts.Great school.Kids embrace life,that in itself is great ,if you can make choices that get you where you will go in life. Be happy to be you,and you will succeed.I have seen a positive change in our student.Thank you ,our greatest joy will be graduation day.

12450 Glenoak Road, Poway, CA  92064
Last modified Abraxas Continuation High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Abraxas Continuation High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top