Poway, CA
Students enrolled: 1,229
Before care: Yes

Posted April 02, 2014
Meadowbrook Middle School is a great school for kids. They offer a great program called "The Academy" that focuses on additional elective. It's similar to after school program but kids can pick another elective class for 50 more minutes. My daughter enjoys her elective classes. Their leadership is outstanding!! I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted February 05, 2014
No doubt this school has the best principal. I recently attended a presentation by the principal and you could feel his excitement. He is very smart and knows more about schools then i have heard from others. He has a vision for the school and treats parents as partners. Hate to use a rating system, but I wan't people to know we are very happy at Meadowbrook.

Posted January 27, 2013
I am an parent of a first grader. who will one day attend Meadowbrook Middle School. I wanted to get an idea of what were in for in the future. I called Principal Carrillo out of the blue, and asked if I could meet with him. He told me to come on in the next day! He was so friendly, and genuinely excited about his school, the students and about keeping the teachers inspired, completely open to creative teaching ideas and solutions. His "Community of Kindness" model is truly inspiring and did much to alleviate concerns I had heard about the school under the prior Principal. Principal Carrillo is VERY smart and interested in being proactive and innovative, to be ahead of the curve, as evidenced by his wins two years in a row for San Diego County's Principal of the Year (in his first 2 years at Meadowbrook!) He is someone I would want to know in my personal life, he is fascinating, and seriously---his enthusiasm is contagious. I love that he made time to speak with a parent who doesn't even have a child attending his school yet!

Posted March 20, 2012
Our child entered 6th grade this year, and we are very pleased! Principal Carrillo started a new initiative to create a climate of kindness and has no tolerance for bullying. He mingles with the kids and has an open door policy. The best news is that The Academy will begin next year, similar to The Academy at Black Mountain Middle School, which Dr. Carrillo also started. So far, so great!

Posted February 01, 2011
I completely agree that Meadowbrook's newest principal, Dr. Carrillo, has already made a positive impact on the school. He respects parents, students, and teachers. He leads through example and is honest with his assessment of issues. My 7th grader tells us he sees the Principal every day and has even memorized many of their names. This is a great school to attend.

Posted January 26, 2011
Dr. Carrillo is an amazing principal...he was named Principal of the Year in San Diego County 2 years ago...that was his first year at MBMS. He is the best thing that could have happened to this school. My child is now an 8th grader and every year gets better. He is challenging the teachers to be better with new teaching methods and setting high standards for teachers and students.

Meadowbrook Middle School 1

Posted April 22, 2010
Avoid Meadowbrook Middle School at all costs!!! The transition from Creekside Elementary to MBMS is huge! Many of the kids who feed into MBMS from other elementary schools are obviously raised in an atmosphere that promotes aggressive and bullying behavior at school. The PUSD doesn't tolerate this and will deal with it. But, this comes after the hitting, bullying or slander has been done to a child. Having to watch your back at school creates a huge distraction and disadvantage for kids who want to excel in academics like my kid. If you are in the MBMS area you won't have the bus system to take your child to a different middle school. Just know that it will be worth the drive and extra minutes to take him/her to any other middle school than Meadowbrook.

Posted February 23, 2010
Meadowbrook is the best middle school in San Diego. Home Prices are down in other areas of SD but we couldn't move because my kids love their school:((

Meadowbrook Middle School 0

Posted February 13, 2010
My son is a 6th grader here and loves it. I have had no problems at all with the education he is getting. His teachers are all wonderful, and communication with them has been fine.

Meadowbrook Middle School 0

Posted November 02, 2009
1 star. This school is really under par. The teachers don't seem to care, they're just happy to have a job. They barely return phone calls. They don't think anything is their job and my kids have so much homework I don't know what they actually do at this school. We're trying our best to leave.

Meadowbrook Middle School
12320 Meadowbrook Lane, Poway, CA  92064
Last modified Meadowbrook Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadowbrook Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top