Bad
Good

My child has attended a full year of kindergarten and I am happy with our experience. The school offers the children a good education and encourages them to do better. The layout is easy to figure out and clean. The computer labs allow the children early access to computer technology. ESS is great. The only concern I have is the parking lot. We need more space.

I'm a working mom. After earning two master's degrees, I found a job where I can work from home and be there for my son. I plan my day around his drop off and pick up times. I dread driving into the parking lot. The "volunteers" are so incredibly rude and condsineding. They stand around and chat with the other parents in their "cliques", holding up the line for several minutes. But when other parents pull through, we are accused of holding up the line. I was even "scolded" for not blocking the pedestrian walkway while children and parents were walking through it. I am a dedicated parent, and an educated individual; it is deplorable how this school treats parents and children based upon status and preconceived notions.

BEST.SCHOOL.EVER! Best school ever since the 2nd week of last year. No more stress! Hooray for Pomerado. Couldnt be happier with the principal, who took a stand, and forever changed the way our school runs! No more bullying parents! Kids who never showed up are gone. Now the school runs efficiently and is by far better than any school around. Small, close-knit family, we all consider ourselves, and I am thankful for the many years I have ahead of me here. My wife and I really love the new Special Needs teachers. They came from another school and have done wonders for my daughter! Closed Campus is a wonderful idea. Thanks Mr. Ortiz!!

Kids came home begging to never go to school again because of the bullying in the classrooms and on the playground by the teachers as well as students.

We've had the best beginning of school! Mr. Ortiz made a grand presentation to all of us "newbies" with a slide show and breakfast/coffee. I can't imagine anyone not liking him or this school. almost a month in and my 2nd grader is loving her teacher, Mrs. Araiza. We are so glad we moved to Poway! Great city, great schools!

School lacks true leadership. The principal is not liked by parents and unfortunately this school is failing to make state minimum requirements.

Pomerado rocks! My 2nd grader with special needs had the best teacher last year and I can only hope the same this year. We are new to the area and I don't understand the previous posts about sanctions and horrible teachers/staff. No conspiracy I've ever seen and I was involved in a lot of PTA events. I love the school, love the teachers and love there is no drama. I've heard there was drama in the past, but school is so good, especially for us. I am glad to be here for the next several years!

This school is under sanctions, the teachers and staff are rude, may have one teacher per grade that is acceptable at best. Try your chances somewhere else. Not worth gambling your kids futures - this is the worst school in PUSD! Many families have recently chosen to leave.

Pomerado lets all their volunteers have access to your confidential documents - very unprofessional staff - clique among parents and staff - new principal will hopefully take charge but it will take a while to clean house.

Pomerado is an average to above average school within an excellent school district. It is a Title I school that seems to focus on the bottom third academic achievers to the exclusion of others. Work requires frequent moves, but we always move to areas with outstanding schools. Although Poway School District is excellent, I found that parents with high academic standards found ways to avoid Pomerado. My request for transfer to a closer school was denied. I soon experienced the difference between Pomerado and my child's last school in OC. Communication is very good with the administration, but not teachers. The OC School District had a Parent Portal where I could review my child's test scores, behavior, and upcoming requirements; Pomerado doesn't have one. The OC school required quarterly projects, a science project, and a play. It had after-school academic offerings like math club and chess. After I realized that my child's math and language arts skills started to decline at Pomerado, I supplemented my child's education with tutoring. Pomerado does have a great music program, dedicated volunteers and other wonderful attributes. It is a solid and safe school for average performers.

Last modified Pomerado Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.