Poway, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 28, 2014
BEST.SCHOOL.EVER! Best school ever since the 2nd week of last year. No more stress! Hooray for Pomerado. Couldnt be happier with the principal, who took a stand, and forever changed the way our school runs! No more bullying parents! Kids who never showed up are gone. Now the school runs efficiently and is by far better than any school around. Small, close-knit family, we all consider ourselves, and I am thankful for the many years I have ahead of me here. My wife and I really love the new Special Needs teachers. They came from another school and have done wonders for my daughter! Closed Campus is a wonderful idea. Thanks Mr. Ortiz!!

Posted September 11, 2014
Kids came home begging to never go to school again because of the bullying in the classrooms and on the playground by the teachers as well as students.

Posted September 09, 2014
We've had the best beginning of school! Mr. Ortiz made a grand presentation to all of us "newbies" with a slide show and breakfast/coffee. I can't imagine anyone not liking him or this school. almost a month in and my 2nd grader is loving her teacher, Mrs. Araiza. We are so glad we moved to Poway! Great city, great schools!

Posted August 13, 2014
School lacks true leadership. The principal is not liked by parents and unfortunately this school is failing to make state minimum requirements.

Posted July 25, 2014
Pomerado rocks! My 2nd grader with special needs had the best teacher last year and I can only hope the same this year. We are new to the area and I don't understand the previous posts about sanctions and horrible teachers/staff. No conspiracy I've ever seen and I was involved in a lot of PTA events. I love the school, love the teachers and love there is no drama. I've heard there was drama in the past, but school is so good, especially for us. I am glad to be here for the next several years!

Posted February 24, 2014
This school is under sanctions, the teachers and staff are rude, may have one teacher per grade that is acceptable at best. Try your chances somewhere else. Not worth gambling your kids futures - this is the worst school in PUSD! Many families have recently chosen to leave.

Posted December 22, 2013
Pomerado lets all their volunteers have access to your confidential documents - very unprofessional staff - clique among parents and staff - new principal will hopefully take charge but it will take a while to clean house.

Pomerado Elementary School 3

Posted May 31, 2012
Pomerado is an average to above average school within an excellent school district. It is a Title I school that seems to focus on the bottom third academic achievers to the exclusion of others. Work requires frequent moves, but we always move to areas with outstanding schools. Although Poway School District is excellent, I found that parents with high academic standards found ways to avoid Pomerado. My request for transfer to a closer school was denied. I soon experienced the difference between Pomerado and my child's last school in OC. Communication is very good with the administration, but not teachers. The OC School District had a Parent Portal where I could review my child's test scores, behavior, and upcoming requirements; Pomerado doesn't have one. The OC school required quarterly projects, a science project, and a play. It had after-school academic offerings like math club and chess. After I realized that my child's math and language arts skills started to decline at Pomerado, I supplemented my child's education with tutoring. Pomerado does have a great music program, dedicated volunteers and other wonderful attributes. It is a solid and safe school for average performers.

Posted September 02, 2011
Very Very Happy with Pomerado Elementary School- Mrs. Wechler is my third graders teacher. She rocks!!! Very structured and So Smart compared to other teachers at other schools. She is very expirenced and she looks at each kid one on one and she even hugs them each and every one every day. Dee at the office helped me to get everything together before school started and helped me with my inter-district transfer. Everyone there is so helpful and loving to all the children. My Favorite though is Mr. Louie President of PTA. He made my child feel so welcomed and he helped her make friends. Seeing that she came from Felicita Elementary, they let kids call her fat and laugh her off the drama stage along with let her fall behind every one in class, when the year before she was in GATE. I really appreciate the new school at Pomerado and the Staff. My child and I both LOVE this school !!!!

Pomerado Elementary School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
I love this school!!! We have live in many different states and are very selective on schools and districts...and by far this are one of the best schools in the Poway district. Ms. Danzler the principle is very concern with each student progress she is a great idol. Also the special needs program is good but the speech therapist is a piece of work. Ms Friedrick one of the 1st grade teachers is very sensitive to each student needs and approaches her teaching strategies in that manner.

Pomerado Elementary School
12321 Ninth Street, Poway, CA  92064
Last modified Pomerado Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pomerado Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top