Posted August 20, 2013
Started at Poway High at 84-85 and graduated in 89. Best years I had in school. Learned a lot and had a much better education compared to the education I would have gotten back in Mount Union, PA. Glad I had the opportunity to go to such a great school and meet the great staff at the time which taught me a lot.

Poway High School 4

Posted October 16, 2012
i believe it to be a great school. i dont go there, but my cousin did. i havent heard of any problems about Poway High School. its counted as one of the ttop best schools in America. i would like to there, that is why im searching for a house near PHS.

Poway High School 4

Posted May 12, 2012
Allow me to address this first: The Drug Problem. The drug problem in Poway has been highly exaggerated and is no way any worse than the drug problems that any other high school has encountered. The fact that we have had deaths relating to drugs does not mean that our problem is any worse. On another note, all teachers are very friendly and look to do the best for the students. Poway high has a generally very accepting environment. As a school and student body we do not tolerate any bullying when it comes to light. Student services is pretty helpful but it is mostly the students who are a very strong foundation in keeping everyone safe. Our teachers are excellent and really know their material and are very willing to help. The principal, Mr. Fisher, is one of the best principals ever. He is very supportive and always seeks out the best for the students. He engages a lot in school in order to help Poway be one of the best schools. Academic courses are challenging and rigorous although on the negative side they lack the variety of electives. Due to budget cuts the school was forced to cut down on course such as jewelry, woodshop, child development etc. Overall a great school.

Posted March 24, 2012
We have been very happy with this school - all the teachers are very caring and the school has very good spirit/unity, etc. A word of advice though - be careful senior year and don't overload your child with too many AP classes esp the hard ones like Physics/Calc because the CA public colleges will not accept you with even one D in one semester even if you were an A student all along. Don't hesitate to get a tutor if needed. And make sure your child has at least two extracurricular activities that they can put down on college apps if they want to go to a UC. The CSUs don't ask about activities (only Cal Poly SLO and SDSU Honors). Good luck - this is a great school with a lot for your student to take advantage of!

Posted June 28, 2011
We've actually only made it as far as the orientation process for incoming freshman. I have another child who attends San Pasqual High School, and I cannot begin to tell you how blown away I was when I attended the orientation at PHS! The physical structure of the campus is amazing. I couldn't believe the Poway Center for the Performing Arts, and the welcoming performance by the choir. My son is so exuberant to be afforded the opportunity to participate in several of the school's extracurricular programs, and for some reason he is choosing to study German (we preferred our children to study Spanish b/c of it's utility in Southern CA), but when we met the German instructor, we found that she lives up to her reputation! We are eagerly awaiting the upcoming school year.

Posted June 25, 2011
this school has a druggie problem. there also is a bulling issue. i only know a couple people who like it there

Posted April 27, 2010
There are too many druggies here at this school

Posted April 10, 2010

Posted October 20, 2009

Posted October 13, 2009
New to this school, we could not be more impressed. Communication is top-notch. Teachers actually care.

Poway High School
15500 Espola Road, Poway, CA  92064
Last modified Poway High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poway High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top