Twin Peaks Middle School 2

Posted May 16, 2014
We no longer attend this school. It has one of the worst reputations for bullying and not responding to parents in that regard, even with the new principal. They are more concerned with covering their bottoms that attending to serious issues. Our child was bullied by a teacher and it had life changing consequences for us. Beware. There are some exceptional teachers here and some teachers who should be fired for misconduct. I hear better things about the other PUSD middle schools.

Posted May 01, 2014
My daughter had a wonderful experience at TP and my son who is currently at TP is excelling! There are some extraordinary teachers at this school who love kids and want them to succeed....there are only a few (minimal) who only 'teach' and do not work 'with' kids...as each child is different. I believe that the principal Dr. Burke (who has kids of her own) loves kids, wants them to succeed, and will make any changes necessary so that TP builds good, solid, human beings.

Posted June 24, 2013
Elementary to middle school is a rough transition for our children. Twin Peaks was a terrible experience for my daughter. There is little to NO discipline and a lack of authority. Some kids have NO values, my daughter was sexually harassed by text messaging, with VERY vulgar comments. I went to the principal and reported it, they seemed to take it seriously but the kids were never even suspended when my daughter was suspended for a day for keeping someone's cell phone for too long and not wanting to give it back, which "they" interpreted as stealing and wrote it in her file. I requested them to write objective facts and they ignored my request. The kid AGREED for her to use it. The actions don't compare to one another. In my opinion sexual harassment is much worse, but little was done. I encourage you to sit outside the school before you enroll your kid and observe the way girls are dressed even though there is a NO shorts, spaghetti straps policy. As you can imagine, the bullying is out of control. It is a mess.

Posted June 11, 2013
My daughter has just finished 6th grade at this school, and it has been a nightmare! I feel sorry for all the upcoming fifth graders coming next year, as they have NO idea what they're in for. I cannot blame it 100% on the teachers and leadership, but their professionalism and performance leave a lot to be desired.

Twin Peaks Middle School 4

Posted October 09, 2011
Twin Peaks Middle School has great teachers who have high standards and expect organization and responsibility from their students. The counselors are involved and helpful. The PTSA encourages parent involvement. Whenever someone asks my kids about their school, they always make comments about the school that are overwhelmingly positive!

Posted October 05, 2011
I'm underwhelmed. My son is a new student at this school. The staff couldn't make him feel more unwelcomed even if they tried. This is a mis-understood school, it's a bad shool. Don't go there.

Posted August 11, 2011
TWIN PEAKS IS A GREAT SCHOOL!!! All 3 of my boys have been through this school. The support that my children and I received from the staff and the administration was outstanding. The kids are great and teachers really care. I am beyond satisfied with our experience at TPMS!

Posted August 10, 2011
My son is now going into 8th grade and I have been very impressed with the high standards set by his teachers and how he has been guided to be responsible for his own work and to be organized. The rotating block schedule with the longer class periods has allowed in depth assignments in class and group learning opportunities. My son is more of the academic type and was worried about fitting in. But from day one he has always felt safe and comfortable at this school. The parents are very involved in Foundation, PTSA, and Science Olympiad and volunteer to help run events. I think this school is very focused on personal responsibility and high academic standards.

Posted June 02, 2011
WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T SEND YOUR CHILD HERE! This school has known for months that my son has been bullied and has done NOTHING about it. Even when I go to them and tell them that my 12 year old doesn't want to live anymore because of the hitting and name calling they continue to let this happen to him. They don't take care of the kids there and will not protect thier physical and mental state!!!!

Twin Peaks Middle School 4

Posted March 28, 2011
Great school, I've been attending for 2 years. I only have one problem, some of the P.E. teachers are totally unfair about how much you have to exert yourself. Other then that it a great school and the principle is really nice.

Twin Peaks Middle School
14640 Tierra Bonita Road, Poway, CA  92064
Last modified Twin Peaks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Twin Peaks Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top