Posted March 04, 2015
My kids attended Kinder and Preschool at other Poway USD schools (Painted Rock and Chaparral Elementary, which are closer to our homes) before we discovered the dual-language Spanish immersion program at Valley and transferred them (just in time, our oldest began in first grade speaking no Spanish and within just a few months was gaining fluency, by the time we took a vacation to Spain the following summer he was fully fluent and translating for us!) This is an amazing school -- from the Principal, who is truly committed and has his own child attending the school, to the teachers, families, parents and of course the kids. The commitment from the faculty, PTA and Foundation to put in the hard work and learn technology, common core, and other best practices, demonstrates their willingness to go the extra mile to improve their own skills and best teaching practices. This is a low-income, Title One school-- meaning 50% of the children are on the free lunch program. You definitely see and experience poverty at this school, which actually keeps all of the children, teachers (and hopefully the parents) grounded on what is truly important for a child's and community's education.

Posted September 28, 2014
Please avoid this school at all costs. There are moms who came from other schools who made everyone's life at that school a living h---. Now they are at Valley. If you get caught up in this Munchhausen mother's web, don't say I didnt warn ya! Go to Creekside or Deer Canyon where the staff is better!

Posted February 24, 2014
My kids love this school and the teachers are awesome! Everyone is friendly and professional. Go Tigers!

Posted January 26, 2014
This is a great school my daughter is in forth grade Mr.P. She has been getting such good grades. She's gotten A+ all year.Her grades are the best she has 225 math maps score from 213. She has the highest math reading and language arts maps score in her class. Also 100% on science social studies math language and reading.

Posted August 22, 2013
a great school!! The commitment of the teachers is outstanding! All teacher go beyond their time to make sure ALL students succeed. They are now a NO EXCUSES school and all the parents just need to step up to the new challenge!!

Posted November 23, 2012
Please DO NOT send your children to this school. My daughter attended this school for one year. There was bullying going on in the classroom and the teacher was unresponsive. When called, the office said to talk to the teacher first then they didn't know where to go from there. Issues were not resolved and damage was already done. My daughter hated this school. She was hurt so bad I had to move her for she would not go back to this school. Staff was unwilling to help in anyway.

Posted October 05, 2011
This school allows bullying to go on and even though numerous parents complain the school does nothing about the problem. The principal seems bothered when i address the issue with him. He says he will deal with it, yet the problem gets worse. Many parents have removed their children from this school, which is why it is the only elementary school in the district that has open space for more students.

Valley Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2011
The teachers are great. Their interaction with the kids and the parents is awesome. Dr Johnson is a huge asset.

Posted September 19, 2010
Valley s Dual Language Program is exceptional! The yearly academic and linguistic growth for each of our kids can t be measure. The constant hand-on activities, innovative classroom practices and ongoing events makes my child happy to be part of this Valley family. The amazing hard working teachers at Valley are not only highly qualify but are passionate about teaching our kids beyond CST and other tests. I know my children are in excellent hands at Valley and are being prepared to excel as global citizens, enjoy learning, and challenge their thinking.. Go Valley!!

Valley Elementary School

Posted December 16, 2009
What do I love about Valley, the caring teachers and staff. They are dedicated and hard working. The principal is also a fine leader. I am very proud of Valley and all they do to help our children achieve and become all that they can be. The budget cuts no doubt have affected all the schools across the board so we have bigger classes and less teachers, which is a shame because we are cheating the kids out of a better education because of finances. Overall this is a wonderful school to be a part of. I disagree with the low rating of this school, it should be a 10

Valley Elementary School
13000 Bowron Road, Poway, CA  92064
(858) 748-2007
Last modified Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top