Cornerstone Christian School 4

Posted June 06, 2013
My child has been enrolled in Cornerstone Christian School for 2 years of elementary school. I have been so impressed with the love and devotion ALL staff members have towards my child. The class sizes are small so all students get the attention they deserve. The special events that focus on the elementary classes are also outstanding! I have NEVER witnessed a school that promotes such fun, through academics and special days for the kids. My son loves his teacher and will continue with CCS until he graduates.

Cornerstone Christian School 1

Posted March 14, 2012
Save your money. Send your kids to a different Christion school. You would be better off sending your kids to a public school in Fontana. Two of my kids attended Cornerstone for 3 years and 1 of my kids attended for 10 years. Simce we didn't have experience with anywhere else we didn't realize how far behind our kids were academically. One of my kids was so far behind when she entered public school we had to have meetings with the principal about holding her back. We wasted several thousand dollars over the years. The administration is horrible. The moral is very low among the teachers and the principal is clueless about it. The school will let anyone in. They only care about getting your money and getting the enrollment numbers up. They have caught high school kids having inappropriate relations in the stairwells or behind buildings. Don't get me wrong we did have 4 good teachers over the last 10 years that were exceptional. Unfortunately those teachers have left the school to go on to better paying schools where they were not taken advantage of and would be happy. Being a previouse employee these are all true facts.

Cornerstone Christian School 5

Posted March 26, 2011
My 5th grade daughter has been attending Cornerstone for since the 2nd grade. She loves it, and so do we! The teacher to student ratio is outstanding, and every teacher that she has had has been excellent. The staff is very experienced, and two of them have served for over 20 years at the school.

Cornerstone Christian School 1

Posted April 08, 2008
Cornerstone is one of the worst private schools out there. The level of teaching is substandard and in the past have allowed non-credentialed teachers to teach (art history and to substitute teach in science and math). The Poway School USD has marked these kids as behind when they transition to the public high school. You would be better off home schooling your child than to subject them to this poor level of education. Don't believe it for a minute when people say this is a great school. We have spent hundreds in tutoring for our student who attended there to keep that student current. We were 'sold' on the high academic standards but found repeatedly over the years that what this school excelled at most was low teacher morale and substandard academic plans.

Cornerstone Christian School 5

Posted February 02, 2008
My son loves this school! The staff is fantastic and my son has come so far in his education this year. I would highly recomend it!

Cornerstone Christian School 3

Posted January 29, 2008

Cornerstone Christian School 3

Posted August 31, 2007
CCS has a long standing repution for quality Christian education. What makes the school is the teachers. The administration is extremely weak and often times clueless. They are not supportive and caring when it comes to concerns of the parents. The parents that are involved and a part of the administration are very self centered and uncooperative. There is a very poor relationship between the Church and the school. The Church seems to view the school as a burden. Academically the school is top rate. Socially, I would take a long look at the number of students enrolled. Over the years enrollment has decreased. The after school program and sports programs are almost non-existant. For grade K-4 - I would recommend CCS. 5th grade and above - due to social reasons - I would suggest looking for another private Christian school. A Parent of a CCS student for 5 years

Cornerstone Christian School 4

Posted March 07, 2006
Cornerstone is a good school, academically speaking and they are also extremely good at teaching from a Christian perspective. It is a small campus and good or bad, it is like a big family, albeit, sometimes dysfunctional. The teachers are very loving, dedicated and Christ-centered. The administration is someitmes a little difficult and it is often hard to get clearlydefined answers on certain issues. The homework load is a little heavy and almost all the teachers from 3rd grade up, assign way too many projects, costing additional money and taking too much time to complete. The extracurricular activities are average to good for elementary school, but are very poor for middle school. In fact, the entire middle school should very carefully be considered and looked into, to determine if its a right fit for your student and family. Parent involvement is average: about 10-20% get involved,

Cornerstone Christian School
P.O. Box 927, Poway, CA  92074
Last modified Cornerstone Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Cornerstone Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top