Poway, CA

Posted May 30, 2014
Our daughter has been attending Country Montessori School for six years! We loved how caring everyone is from the Head of School to the Directresses and the childcare staff. Our friends always compare the experience our daughter has had to the traditional environment. Students at Country Montessori School are given lots of love and guidance toward work they love. When our daughter was in her sensitive period for language, the Directress encouraged her to work in other areas by offering plenty of extensions. Our daughter has always loved going to school from the first day she attended CMS. It feels like a complimentary extended family. The school encourages families to be involved. They just opened a new elementary building that is already full! We always recommend Country Montessori School to anyone who asks.

Posted June 08, 2012
Our older son is graduating 5th grade this year, and our younger son is in 1st grade at CMS. We have had such a wonderful experience with the school and its amazing teachers. What sets CMS apart from the other excellent schools in our neighborhood is that it provides so many opportunities for hands-on learning. In addition to the traditional Montessori math and language materials, both of our boys have enjoyed the science program, field trips, and cultural events. The administration and board of directors are both proactive and responsive to parent input. We looked at many schools in our area, both public and private, before deciding on CMS, and we are very happy that our boys have had the chance to learn and grow at this excellent school.

Posted April 12, 2012
Our daughter attended CMS for 8 years. The staff is superb. The quality of education, care, love and attention they gave her and her classmates exceeded anything we anticipated. The place fills like a family. We recommend CMS to anyone wanting more for their children.

Posted March 14, 2011
Our son is in his 3rd year of the elementary program at CMS and we believe beyond a doubt that he is getting an exceptional education. We have seen him blossom both academically and socially. We chose private over public schools so our son would have the opportunity to advance academically at his speed and not be limited, for the low student-teacher ratio CMS provides, and for the feeling of a caring community of students, teachers, and parents. CMS has not disappointed us. In fact, we plan to stay through upper elementary which is something we had not intended to do originally. It is a well-rounded program that strives for academic excellence while also emphasizing educating the whole child- one that is socially responsible, an independent and confident learner, a good public-speaker, caring about fellow students, and respectful. After looking around at the cost of other private schools, CMS is a gem!

Posted July 21, 2010
Living in a neighborhood of the most desired school district, it is amazing to see the difference of education our twins have had at Country Montessori School. They both a much further ahead than their peers. We have been there four years. CMS has an open door policy. It makes it easy to chat with the Adminstrator. She is doing a fantastic job. My husband and I decided to have our children continue the program through the upper elementary level. I have referred another family and they are as thrilled as we are. We love how families are able to get involved. It makes a huge difference with our children's wellbeing. I highly recommend Country Montessori School. Thank you CMS for being such a fabulous school and community!

Country Montessori School Of Poway 0

Posted February 11, 2010
This is a fantastic school! My children are in their 3rd year at this school, and we could not be happier! They teachers are caring (in fact, my daughter's teacher just called me on the phone to give me an update about an issue my daughter has been having--demonstrating again to me how much she cares about my daughter's well being). My son is in 2nd grade now, and told me he would cry when he has to leave the school at the end of the school year (we have to relocate this summer out of state. I have been involved in the Parents committee, and it is wonderful to see how everyone is so involved with the children--it really is a team effort. What a great organization! Thank you CMS!

Posted February 10, 2010
I love all of the opportunities to get involved in the school and see how the kids are doing. Tonight they hosted Donuts with Dad and for an hour and half my kid showed me what he does in the classroom and how he does it. They also host a similar event for Moms in the Spring. The teachers also offer several after hours programs for parents to learn what the kids learn throughout the year. The teachers really partner with the parents in the education of the children.

Country Montessori School Of Poway 1

Posted January 24, 2010

Posted September 18, 2009
I have not written a review before of this school. We have attended CMS for going on 3 years now. Both of my children attend the school and have been learning an invaluable amount in areas that other schools do not even cover. I think probably everyone is having financial problems these days and am not aware of any staff or reputation problems. I am very involved in the Parents committee and work closely with other parents on helping improve the school and children's experiences. The school has been operating with many of the same staff for 20 years. I respect an appreciate all of the teachers that my children have now and in the past. I think it is a very caring, nuturing environment. We left another Montessori school in the area because the teachers were not warm and caring and my son was very unhappy there.

Posted June 26, 2009
After trying out 4 different early childhood preschools, my son thrived on this one. Most other schools gave up on my son, this school treated my child as an individual which allowed him to be himself and worked with him according to his unique way of learning.

Country Montessori School Of Poway
12642 Monte Vista Road, Poway, CA  92064
Last modified Country Montessori School Of Poway is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Country Montessori School Of Poway Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top